Are you a highly motivated individual with refined professionalism and strong attention to detail?
We want YOU to experience Southern Reimagined at The Dewberry. Located in the heart of downtown Charleston.
Who We Are:
We are a tightknit group of passionate individuals who are unrelenting when it comes to offering a flawless Dewberry experience while maintaining our unique brand standards. Every Teammate plays a key role in contributing to the success of the whole hotel.
About The Dewberry:
As a 2019 and 2022 Condé Nast Traveler Gold List award recipient for best hotel in the world, The Dewberry is located in the heart of downtown Charleston, bordering historic Marion Square, just steps from the shopping and dining on King Street, Museum Mile and The Gaillard Center. Offering 155 thoughtfully appointed rooms, world-class service and unparalleled views, The Dewberry occupies the former L. Mendel Rivers (circa 1964) federal building and pays homage to Charleston’s mid-century architectural splendor. The hotel is the result of owner John Dewberry’s vision of “Southern Reimagined,” which he developed over the course of an eight-year renovation and preservation of the building. The hotel features several event spaces, the nationally celebrated cocktail program at the brass bar in The Living Room, high quality, the whimsical cocktail lounge Citrus Club and treatments using seafaring ingredients and low country botanicals in The Spa. The Dewberry is committed to delivering a world-class experience to our discerning guests with a thoughtful approach and flawless execution. We are known among our teammates, our guests, and our community as leaders in our field of hospitality who are authentic, humble and innovative operators driven to anticipate needs and exceed expectations.
BENEFITS OF JOINING THE DEWBERRY TEAM:
- Competitive Pay
- Advancement & Growth Opportunities
- Full-Time and Part-Time Positions
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- 401K with Company Match
- Education Reimbursement
- Free Downtown Parking
- Subsidized Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage for Full-Time Teammates
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Staff Accountant
DEPARTMENT: Administration and General
REPORTS TO: Accounting Manager
At The Dewberry, our primary focus is to become a part of our guests’ fondest memories no matter their reason for visiting. The Staff Accountant will contribute to making this happen by working alongside each department to ensure our company’s numbers and budgets on track with unwavering accuracy.
The focus of this role is to support the Hotel in keeping our financial outlook bright with precision and proactive measures. However, our Team wears many different hats, so you must be willing to get down to the nitty-gritty when necessary.
Major areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to:
- Invoice processing: Collect, obtain approvals, verify coding, input, and archive.
- Establish and maintain relationships with new and existing vendors.
- Process bi-weekly check runs and monitor payments.
- Cash management: Count daily drops, prepare bank deposits, post check payments, perform bank audits, provide change to cashiers, and manage company credit card & petty cash.
- Complete the daily revenue report. Research, analyze and resolve any discrepancies.
- Record journal entries and reconcile balance sheet accounts.
- Assist with month-end close.
- Handle customer inquiries and resolve issues.
- Provide administrative and accounting support to teammates.
- Ad-hoc requests.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
- 2 years of Accounting or Finance experience preferred.
- Proficient knowledge in Microsoft Excel and experience with accounting systems, such as M3.
- Attention to detail and commitment to accuracy.
- Excellent data entry and computer skills.
- Ability to prioritize and follow-up.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have the ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers/vendors.
- Must have exceptional customer service, communication, and time management skills.