Are you a highly motivated individual with refined professionalism and strong attention to detail?
We want YOU to experience Southern Reimagined at The Dewberry. Located in the heart of downtown Charleston.
Who We Are:
We are a tightknit group of passionate individuals who are unrelenting when it comes to offering a flawless Dewberry experience while maintaining our unique brand standards. Every Teammate plays a key role in contributing to the success of the whole hotel.
About The Dewberry:
As a 2019 and 2022 Condé Nast Traveler Gold List award recipient for best hotel in the world, The Dewberry is located in the heart of downtown Charleston, bordering historic Marion Square, just steps from the shopping and dining on King Street, Museum Mile and The Gaillard Center. Offering 155 thoughtfully appointed rooms, world-class service and unparalleled views, The Dewberry occupies the former L. Mendel Rivers (circa 1964) federal building and pays homage to Charleston’s mid-century architectural splendor. The hotel is the result of owner John Dewberry’s vision of “Southern Reimagined,” which he developed over the course of an eight-year renovation and preservation of the building. The hotel features several event spaces, the nationally celebrated cocktail program at the brass bar in The Living Room, high quality, the whimsical cocktail lounge Citrus Club and treatments using seafaring ingredients and low country botanicals in The Spa. The Dewberry is committed to delivering a world-class experience to our discerning guests with a thoughtful approach and flawless execution. We are known among our teammates, our guests, and our community as leaders in our field of hospitality who are authentic, humble and innovative operators driven to anticipate needs and exceed expectations.
BENEFITS OF JOINING THE DEWBERRY TEAM:
- Experience in a luxury downtown property
- Advancement & Growth Opportunities available
- Free Downtown Parking
- $5 daily lunch option
- Discounts for rooms, dining outlets, spa, and retail
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Sales Internship
REPORTS TO: Events Managers
At The Dewberry, our primary focus is to become a part of our guests’ fondest memories no matter their reason for visiting. The Sales Intern will contribute to making this happen by working alongside each member of the Sales Department to ensure we create memorable experiences for our guests.
The focus of this role is to support the Sales Managers with administrative and operational duties while gaining real life experience in the field.
Major areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to:
- Submits rental orders; double checks all information when it’s returned, adds to event folder, inputs rental delivery/pick up days and times in the calendar
- learns Tripleseat
- creates floorplans through Merri
- Updates event calendar
- Attends tastings and records notes
- Details BEOs and updates as needed
- Creates DocuSign for all BEOs and EOC for clients to sign off on
- Confirms AV delivery/pickup times with Eric
- Sends payment reminder emails to Accounts Payable
- Sends out banquet checks after events with updated totals
- Assists team on event days
- Checks in rentals
- Goes to stand up and keeps other departments in the loop with Sales activities
- Helps assemble sales collateral and gifts
- Helps with event resumes
- Currently in school for Bachelor’s degree
- 1 year of hospitality experience preferred in related field.
- Proficient knowledge with Microsoft Office and quick learner with technology
- Attention to detail and commitment to accuracy.
- Excellent data entry and computer skills.
- Ability to prioritize and follow-up.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have the ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers/vendors.
- Must have exceptional customer service, communication, and time management skills.