Regional Manager of Operations
A region of Heartland Dental supported offices is seeking a Regional Manager of Operations (RMO) with strong business acumen and a proven track record of leadership. In this strategic role, you will implement efficiencies and systems to further grow supported offices and our company footprint. Maintaining a close relationship with all regional team members, from administrators to front desk assistants, ability to build relationships and deliver results effecting feedback from a remote setting will be key. The Regional Manager of Operations will play a significant role in cultivating an environment that provides effective and trustworthy dental services. In this administrative leadership role, you'll use your team-building skills to maintain profitability within multiple established, state-of-the-art Heartland Dental supported offices. Additionally, this position plays an essential role in communicating with patients and dental team.
Training and supporting tools are provided in the areas of practice management and leadership to help accomplish position responsibilities. All reasonable travel-related expenses covered under our travel & expense policy. Heartland Dental provides the necessary equipment, including a laptop and mobile phone.
This position reports to the Regional Director of Operations (RDO).
Duties & Responsibilities
- Overseeing the administrative operations of 5 to 7 supported dental offices
- Directly support dentists in their growth and development, helping them set goals and address operational opportunities within their supported office
- Motivate team members, resolve conflicts and make difficult decisions
- Ability to analyze business reporting and create recommendation/action to attainment of yearly budgetary and contribution goals, prioritizing supported practice performance issues to ensure issues impacting Same Office Growth (SOG), revenue and profitability (EBITDA) are addressed first
- Monitor the P&L statements for each supported practice and develop effective ways to close the gaps between actual performance and company projections
- Work with multiple supported practices and Practice Managers across a large region, coordinating in-practice visits and reviews; including a quarterly in-practice business meeting for each supported practice
- Responsible for hiring, training and coaching Practice Managers
- Responsible for interviewing and contributing to the selection of supported dentists
- Develop workforce planning, recruiting and retention strategy to maintain optimum performance of each supported practice
- Provide reports and recommendations, as needed, to management on supported practices
- Completion of one of the following: at least five years of business management experience OR associate degree and not less than 3 years of business management experience OR Bachelor's degree and one year experience
- Strong organizational skills, accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to frequently travel with some overnight stays
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- High level of maturity, personal initiative, and sound judgment
- Outstanding relationship-building, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Exceptional customer service skills, with the ability to build a comfortable and approachable relationship with patients
- Adequate dedicated space at home or alternate work location to allow and support work-related activities
- If necessary, family care services are in place by employee to provide a time slot of undisturbed, focused attention to details
- Working knowledge of dental procedures and terminology
- 2+ years managing multiple practice or retail store locations
- Experience in dental practice management
- Experience with practice management software, preferably Dentrix
We put our people first at Heartland Dental, and that shows in our generous benefits package.
Company retains the sole discretion to change the duties of the position at any time.
We provide all employees and applicants for employment the protections of federal, state, and local laws affording equal opportunity in employment.