Mobile Diesel Technician
VACCINE POLICY: WHERE PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19 TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS U.S.-BASED JOB (REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR MEDICAL AND RELIGIOUS OBJECTIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED).
For Quick Application: Text DFS2 to 317-597-8130
Dickinson Fleet Services keeps your fleet moving.
Headquartered in Indianapolis, Dickinson Fleet Services (DFS) has grown to become one of the largest fleet maintenance companies in the country.
DFS is the leading provider of on-site mobile maintenance and repair services nationwide, offering mobile on-site fleet service for light medium, and heavy-duty trucks and trailers. DFS also services customers utilizing its 20+ nationwide service centers; each offering accident repair, painting, refurbishment, and heavy mechanical repair. We are supported by a 24/7 in-house call-center and provide scheduled maintenance services and unscheduled services to fleets anywhere, anytime.
DFS is currently hiring a Mobile Diesel Technician to join our Field Maintenance Team to support future growth of the Company. This is an on-site role and we do not provide emergency road services.
If you are looking for a new place to call home, we would love to talk to you!
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance (“PM”), DOT Inspections and follow up repairs to Class 6-8 trucks (light and heavy) in a mobile/field environment.
- Respond to call center dispatched unscheduled service and maintenance request.
- Perform routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking batteries, and lubricating equipment.
- Diagnose, adjust, and repair various types of truck equipment including, but not limited to the following: Electrical/Brake/Cooling Systems, Starters/Alternators, Air conditioning systems, Fan clutches, Engine electronics, Power steering systems, Engines (gas and diesel), Transmissions (manual and automatic), Clutches, Differentials, etc.
- Inspect, test, and listen to defective equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using test instruments such as handheld computers and pressure gauges.
- Use basic hand tools, precision instruments, as well as power tools, welding equipment, and jacks.
- Document and upload pictures of work performed, parts used, and all findings observed on Repair Orders (“RO”) using company issued Apple iPhone device and our proprietary TRAIT application.
- Accurately complete DOT forms and all other forms of documentation in timely fashion.
- Road test vehicles to diagnose malfunctions or to ensure that they are working properly.
- Work with a high degree of independence and manage own daily schedule.
- Maintain a high level of productivity and be able to work within or close to most standard repair times.
- Obtain parts from approved local and national vendors as necessary for the repairs to be performed.
- Manage parts inventory and equipment provided on a service truck and perform periodic reconciliation.
- Communicate with DFS management and support team via email or phone to obtain approvals on repair estimates, retrieve purchase order numbers and/or discuss RO findings notes.
- Perform all work in compliance with organizational safety, health and environmental policies, and federal regulations, to include OSHA, EPA, and DOT.
- Participate and complete all-in company required safety training.
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships with assigned customers and vendors. Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Maintain company’s issued service truck, conduct safety checks and pre/post trip inspections.
- Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S. based job. (Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will be considered.)
- Valid Driver’s License required. CDL-A preferred but not required.
- High School Diploma or and equivalent combination of education. Technical school is a plus.
- Must provide own hand tools that are adequate to perform job functions.
- Excellent verbal communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate with customers and their drivers.
- Proficiency in the use of Apple iPhone / mobile devices, navigation of mobile applications and use of email to document repairs and communication. Ability to learn new platforms, such as DFS TRAIT and Web Wrench, MobileFrame, RO Writer, etc.
- Willingness to work varied schedules and work outdoors / in the elements at customer yards/locations.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, multi-task and apply initiative.
- Positive attitude, Safety conscious, good instincts, and self-motivation
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to balance a variety of tasks.
- Proficiency in and ability to obtain certificates for DOT Inspection and Air Brakes repairs
- Must have over 5 years of experience in working on Class 8 truck.
- Must have experience working on Heavy Duty Diesel engines. Experience with Volvo engine is a plus.
- Must know how to read HD Class 8 electrical wiring schematics.
- Needs to be familiar with Air/Heating system.
- ASE certification in Heavy Duty Trucks is a plus.
- Must be able to use engine diagnostic software.
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.