FCA Management, LLC is currently seeking an experienced Maintenance Technician to join our team at Bees Ferry Apartment Homes in Charleston, SC.
About the role:
This position performs technical and mechanical work that ensures the physical aspects of the buildings, grounds, amenities, and common areas of the property meet the Company’s standards for cleanliness, appearance, safety, and overall functionality.
What you’ll do:
- Completes assigned work orders generated from resident requests for service, as well as preventative maintenance on the property by diagnosing the source or cause of the defect or problem, and making repairs in accordance with established policies, procedures, safety standards, and code requirements.
- Completes the “make-ready” process to prepare vacant apartment homes for leasing and new move-ins by completing the pre-move-out inspection, creating a “punch” list of maintenance work needed, scheduling vendors and contractors as needed, obtaining needed supplies and materials, completing all maintenance tasks, and inspecting completed work.
- Follows procedures for accessing and obtaining materials, supplies, equipment, tools, and other items from the property’s maintenance department by tracking inventory used, returning unused items to the established location, and notifying the maintenance supervisor about re-ordering needs.
- Completes documentation and other paperwork in a timely, accurate, and complete fashion so that service requests can be appropriately documented and tracked.
- Assists in maintaining the grounds, common areas, and amenities by picking up trash and debris, pressure-washing breezeways and pool areas, performing general cleaning, and painting curbs and signage as needed.
- Supports cost-cutting and expense control programs by fixing rather than replacing parts when possible, not being wasteful with materials and supplies, and practicing the correct use of tools and equipment.
Our ideal candidate:
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Time management skills to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Flexibility to work in a changing environment.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
What we offer:
- $16-$19 per hour; commensurate with experience
- Benefits package available
Please submit your resume via the “APPLY NOW” button
Equal Opportunity Employer