Requisition Number: MAINT01614
**** NOW GATHERING APPLICATIONS FOR AQSC 2021 SEASON START UPS****
In addition to the application process please copy and paste the link below into a separate browser window for consideration.
The Reefer Electrician makes periodic inspections of the refrigeration equipment and systems to observe operating condition and need for repair or adjustment, and assists Chief Engineer in the installation and repair of electrical wiring, fixtures and equipment.
Essential Duties & Requirements
- Lift or hoist and align components into position
- Screw, bolt, rivet, weld and braze parts to assemble structural and functional components such as motors, controls, switches, gauges, wiring harnesses, valves, pumps, compressors, condensers, cores and pipes
- Cut, thread and connect pipe to functional components and water or power systems of premises
- Pump specified gas or fluid into system
- Start system, observe operation, read gauges and instruments and adjust mechanisms such as valves, controls and pumps to control level of fluid, pressure and temperature in system
- Dismantle malfunctioning systems and test components
- Replace or adjust defective or worn parts to repair systems
- Participate and ensure participation of all USCG mandated drills and emergency procedures as directed
- Performs other duties if required since above stated describe only a regular working day and may not be inclusive of every task needed to achieve results
Requirements & Qualifications
- HS Diploma or Equivalent Required
- Professional Certification(s) or License:
- USCG Merchant Mariner’s document as Refrigeration Mechanic
- Valid Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) – if applicable, and/or ability to obtain and maintain
- Valid Driver’s License
- Copy of DD214, if Veteran status
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; must be fluent in English
- Ability to interact with individuals at all levels in a pleasant and professional manner
- At least two years of experience required in a role with similar duties and responsibilities
- Cruise industry experience preferred
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Submit to and pass alcohol and drug tests as mandated by the USCG including but not limited to pre-employment, random, reasonable suspicion and post-accident/incident testing.
At Hornblower Group and American Queen Steamboat Company, our mission is to create amazing experiences – not only for our guests, but our employees. Our company values (RESPECT) and operating principles (Hornblower 12) allow us to live out our mission of creating amazing experiences.
RESPECT stands for: Respect, Environment, Safety First, Professionalism, Exceed, Communication and Teamwork. Our Operating Principles, known as the Hornblower 12 demonstrate the ways we promise to engage to live those values:
- We treat others – guests and fellow crew members alike – with Respect, by fostering a diverse and inclusive environment.
- We are stewards of the Environment through practicing conservation, protection and education.
- We believe in Safety First by creating and maintaining a safe and secure workplace.
- We are Professional, and will demonstrate that in the following ways:
- We are on time – to start and stop – and we come prepared.
- We make objective data- and logic-based decisions with limited emotion.
- We prioritize by making difficult trade-offs and fast, quality decisions. We follow the 80:100 rule, making decisions that are at least 80% right, but 100% actionable.
- We Exceed expectations, embracing these principles:
- As employees, we expect to win, but always prepare and passionately compete like an underdog.
- We strive to innovate and reinvent, always looking forward and not stuck in the past.
- We value Communication, by following guiding principles:
- We listen to each other – fellow crew members and guests – and are responsive, vehemently following the 24-hour rule.
- We are transparent and efficient in our processes and do not entertain politics and bureaucracy.
- Teamwork helps drive us towards success, and together we embody teamwork by:
- We function as a team, playing our role and trusting our teammates.
- We work hard but have fun and don’t take ourselves too seriously.
- And most importantly, we take the time to recognize and celebrate our successes together under the Hornblower family!
American Queen Steamboat Company is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination and or/harassment of any type, including but not limited to discrimination and or harassment based upon race, religion, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, pregnancy or relation medical conditions, childbirth, breastfeeding, parental status, veteran and/or military statue, disability (physical or mental) medical condition, genetic information or characteristics, political affiliation, domestic violence survivor status, marital status, or other characteristics prohibited by federal, state, or local law. Additionally, the Company participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations.