Do you have fire apparatus, emergency vehicle, or heavy truck repair experience?
Join First Vehicle Services as Fire Vehicle Technician - Servicing Town of Mt. Pleasant!
We're Proud to Offer You:
- $20-$25 per hour based on experience and qualifications• ASE Certifications earn you bonus money!
- A Clean and Positive Work Environment!
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) savings plan.
- Company training, paid holidays, paid vacation and sick days,
- Company-provided ASE training and testing materials
- Opportunities for advancement nationwide! (Many of our executives were once techs)
Truck Technician Major Responsibilities:
- Performing vehicle maintenance to First Vehicle Services Standards of Excellence
- Communicating professionally with customers, team members, and supervisors
- Diagnosing all phases of vehicle and equipment repair
- Working with all vehicle components include engine, driveline, electrical, brakes, suspension, steering, exhaust, cab, chassis, and hydraulics
- Ensuring work orders are completed accurately
- Evaluating completed work prior to release
- Performing road calls and emergency services as necessary
- Moving vehicles safely between job and work area
- Properly using state of the art paperless maintenance system
- Actively participating in safety and educational training as required
Truck Technician Qualifications:
- Technical school training is a plus
- Direct experience with repairing medium/heavy duty trucks
- Fire truck repair experience preferred
- Valid driver's license; Ability to obtain CDL
- Appropriate mechanic's tool set
- Ability to work as a team and independently.
- Pre-employment background check and drug screen required
- ASE Certifications / EVT certifications strongly preferred. Must be willing to obtain while employed.
First Vehicle Services (A Division of FirstGroup America) is a leader in diverse fleet management and maintenance throughout North America. Since 1981, we've provided efficient and cost-effective vehicle management and maintenance services to governments, school districts, petrochemical companies, transit agencies, airports, universities, and private organizations across the United States.
Don't Wait! Apply Today!
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.