The Operational Project Manager is responsible for the following: Manage project development from beginning to end and seeing it is completed successfully within the given deadline and budget. Define project scope, goals, and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders. Develop full-scale project plans, financial plans, quality audit follow-ups, and associated communications documents. In general, this person is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of multiple, simultaneous projects ensuring consistency with UNCHCS strategy, commitments and goals.
Description of Job Responsibilities:
- Develops project plans, goals, and budgets identifies resources needed, develops schedules and methods for measuring results while maintaining optimum working relationships with all departmental units.
- Responsible for project assignments working independently or collaboratively as appropriate to accomplish the assigned work. Identify issues and assist in developing strategies to address them prior to issues becoming critical. Keep senior management informed of project(s) status and any potential problems or political concerns.
- Organizes/manages all phases of the projects to achieve schedule, cost and performance objectives, while maintaining the scope of the projects.
- Plans and oversees the preparation and dissemination of project communications. Communicates with top-level management, project sponsors, and functional area managers/directors regarding status of specific projects. Produces project reports for the project sponsors and senior management.
- Performs strategic analysis for the projects and develops objective means or status reports for assessing the status of the projects that are consistent with standard skills of project managers.
- Works with peers to identify and analyze opportunities for improvement. Implements processes to identify, implement, and ensure standardization decisions occur with minimal disruption to patient care or administrative activities and creating win-win solutions.
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Health Administration or related field. Five (5) years of professional experience in project management related experience.
If Master's degree: Two (2) years of professional experience in project management related experience.