General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) is currently seeking an experienced IT professional to work as an engineer on a team of dedicated professionals delivering enterprise solutions for several large scale management information systems. These MIS environments include networks spanning multiple security enclaves within a hybrid (Windows & RHEL) environment. The ideal candidate will have excellent problem-solving and communications skills as well as a previous work history of providing tier 3 support in a large enterprise environment. This position requires an individual who possesses a positive attitude, organizational skills, a drive to focus and produce results, while effectively managing customer relationships in a constantly changing and evolving environment. While the primary focus of this position is solution engineering and delivery the overall team is responsible for Tier 2/Tier 3 operations so there will be events that require problem resolution and customer support. This is a full-time salaried position with compensation to be based on experience and overall strength of the candidate. In addition to receiving a competitive salary and generous health and personal benefits, the IT Engineer will enhance their skill set among a talented and technically accomplished group of colleagues.
Essential Job Duties:
- Analysis, planning, testing, and implementation of engineering solutions
- Actively coordinate and collaborate with team members and customers to understand, propose, and continuously implement service improvements
- Resolve issues escalated from team members, providing guidance and education
- Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system incidents with both short-term workarounds and long-term solutions.
- Responds to escalated service desk/team requests
- Communicate effectively (in oral and written form) with a variety of individuals; work well within small and large team environments.
- Participates in special projects as required
Bachelors Degree or an equivalent combination of education and work experience required
8+ years of relevant systems engineering experience
- TS/SCI with Poly
- Candidate must possess an appropriate and current DoD Information Assurance (IA) Certification to be considered for employment; either valid CompTIA Security+ CE, Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP) or Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)-Security. CompTIA Security+ CE Certification is the preferred certification. In addition, candidate must attain the required DoD 8570 Computing Environment (CE) Training within six (6) months of Hire Date.
Successful candidates are expected to have working knowledge or experience in the following primary technologies:
- Active Directory Services (ADUC, DNS, Sites & Services, GPO, DHCP)
- Active Directory Federated Services
- Active Directory Domains and Trusts
- Windows Server 2008/2008 R2/2012/2012 R2/2016
Successful candidates that have working knowledge or experience in the following secondary technologies are highly sought after:
- Forefront Identity Management (FIM)/Microsoft Identity Management (MIM)
- Active Directory Rights Management
- Dynamic Access Control (DAC)
- PowerShell (Scripting and Command Line Management)
- ABAC (Attribute Based Access Control)
Benefits of this Position:
- Opportunity for Fast Growth within the program
- Professional Development Assistance – Covering the Cost of Obtaining Professional & Technical Certifications (depending on program)
- Educational Reimbursement – toward degree programs and individual coursework
- 401K Match – with 100% vesting on day one
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage to keep you healthy, starting your first day
- We know work-life balance is important, GDIT offers Paid Time Off, Plus 10 Paid Holidays
- Parking and transit commuter benefits
Why Work at General Dynamics IT?
- Work with top talent and some of the brightest minds in your field
- Support missions that make a difference to our Nation
- Become part of an organization that that is committed to the highest ethical standards in all that we do
- Thrive in the stability of a large organization, with the ability to move onto new opportunities, supporting different missions, building your career within GDIT
- Want to move, or find a job close to home? We have positions in several locations in the United States and the world
- Enjoy a culture that supports work-life balance
General Dynamics is a Fortune Blue Ribbon Company and Clearance Jobs Top 10 Government Contractor.
General Dynamics Information Technology solves our customers' challenges through future-focused technology and services, ingenuity and deep mission-knowledge. Partnering with government, defense, the intelligence community, industry leaders and cutting-edge technology companies, we deliver solutions that make a difference – helping our customers to advance mission performance, transform operations and discover opportunities to build a better future.
General Dynamics Information Technology, or GDIT, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.