Business Group Highlights
The Intelligence group provides high-end systems engineering and integration products and services, data analytics and software development to national and military intelligence customers. Serving federal agencies and the Intelligence Community for more than 50 years, the Intelligence group helps our clients meet their mission needs by providing trusted advisors, leading-edge technologies, and innovative solutions.
Responsible for the direct supervision of the Systems Engineering/Analysis staff. Reviews and prioritizes network needs and analyzes project costs and feasibility. Develops systems analysis standards and methodology consistent with technical requirements. Schedules staff to obtain proper response in a timely manner. Reviews recommendations for systems improvement. Responsible for the employment, training and discipline of assigned employees.
The individual selected for this position will fill a role as an Engineering Manager in support of the program. The EM will report directly to the Senior Engineering Manager, providing Systems Engineering and Integration leadership and serving as an Individual Contributor in support of the Customer. Specific roles and responsibilities consist of, but are not limited to the following:
Engineering Manager Role:
- Serve as the on-site SE&I representative for a team of approximately 12 FTE
- Coordinating subordinate employee recruitment, selection and training, performance assessment, salary, and recognition/disciplinary actions
- Compile weekly and monthly status to the Senior Engineering Manager
- Collaborate regularly with other Engineering Managers and Leads to increase communication across divisions and groups
- Support employee on-boarding as well as employee mentoring and support as needed
Individual Contributor Role (may vary depending on specific candidate selected):
- Proactively provide recommendations to the Customer for improvement of Systems Engineering activities within the organization
- Provide Systems Engineering adviosry support to help Customer realize their technical strategic vision
- Help to establish and ensure organizational adherance to estabilished Systems Engineering processes and procedures
- Assistance managing product development efforts on an as-needed basis
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required for successful performance of the activities associated with this position:
- Customer Domain experience
- At least 7 years experience providing Systems Engineering support in the Intelligence Community.
- Prior knowledge or experience with Engineering development in the Intelligence Community.
- A minimum of 1 years of formal leadership experience (manager, team lead, chief engineer, etc.)
- Technical degree (Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Physics, etc.)
- Experience working in an agile software environment
- Experience utilizing Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- ITIL Certification
- Customer-centered approach to all interactions required in support of position activities
- Strong analysis and organizational skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
8 to 10 years with BS/BA or
6 to 8 years with MS/MA or
3 to 5 years with PhD
Clearance- TS/SCI W POLY
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sector—from investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.