J5 Consulting is a Maryland based company established in 2006 to provide computing and consulting services for government and commercial entities. Our services improve Information System networking performance and compliance and protect electronic assets from loss and compromise. We welcome your application to receive consideration for the following position.
The Customer provides the technologies and services that training providers need to engage the workforce, deliver learning, and make business decisions. The Customers mission is to create an integrated learning enterprise that fosters and efficiently delivers high quality learning to our workforce. Customer teams maintain expertise in learning technologies, systems engineering, classroom IT support, registrar services, online delivery strategies, and video production to achieve the mission.
The position will:
- Work core hours from 0900 to 1500.
- Travel between Customer locations to provide on-site support.
- Provide customer service to a large customer learning base.
- Install, configure, troubleshoot and maintain a large array of classroom hardware, such as audio/visual equipment, workstations, laptop computers, video teleconferencing equipment, audience response systems, and peripheral devices.
- Assist with equipment recapitalization and disposal.
- Provide IT support relating to software, such as operating system patching and security anti-virus updates for laptops, reimaging computer devices, duplicating data and media CDs, DVDs, hard drives.
- Provide support for COTS learning products, commercially available learning management and recording software, Microsoft Office Suite, and McAfee Drive encryption.
- Use Customer IT ticketing system to submit and process change, access, and service requests.
- Provide in-depth troubleshooting, perform technical analysis and diagnostic testing, and resolve front end customer IT issues on a daily basis.
- Provide virtual and hands-on support to end-users on a variety of issues which include responding to telephone calls, e-mails, and personnel request for technical support.
- Provide basic training to customers on proper use of hardware equipment and enterprise wide software applications.
- Document, track and monitor tickets or issues to ensure a timely resolution.
- Triage technical ticket priority and escalate as necessary.
- Create and revise IT support documents such as Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), digital IT workflows, IT knowledge base documents, pre or post classroom IT checklists, classroom IT architectural diagrams, site security plans, and administrative process documents.
- Manage inventory of both durable equipment (flash media, audio/visual equipment, workstations, laptops, peripheral equipment) and consumables (SD cards, DVDs, cables, mounting hardware).
- Procure, maintain, and track various forms of flash media, audio and visual equipment, workstations, laptops and peripheral equipment.
- Move and handle equipment weighing at least 50 lbs., and access cables and computer equipment installed in close confinement, requiring the use of basic access tools or support structures (step-ladders, flashlights, grippers).
- Research and make recommendations for technical equipment.
Required skills and demonstrated experience:
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Demonstrated experience with McAfee Drive encryption
- Demonstrated experience and familiarity with COTS Enterprise Learning tools or Management Systems.
- Demonstrated experience with Adobe Connect.
- Demonstrated experience with ServiceNow IT ticketing system to submit and process change, access and service requests.
- Able to move and handle equipment weighing at least 50lbs.
Highly desired, though not required, include:
- Demonstrated experience with developing and maintaining a hardware inventory management system to include system security plan development, tracking, and reporting on both durable equipment (flash media, audio/visual equipment, workstations, laptops, peripheral equipment) and consumables (SD cards, DVDs, cables, mounting hardware).
- Demonstrated experience developing and maintaining software inventory management systems to include license, patching, and version update administration.
- Demonstrated experience creating or revising support documents such as Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), digital IT workflows, IT knowledge base documents, pre or post classroom IT checklists.
- Demonstrated experience with working with Customer or Customer partner operating systems.
- Demonstrated experience as an access administrator for the Customer (user authorized to perform elevated functions on Customer systems).
- Demonstrated experience working with Customers Enterprise Course Management learning platform.
- Demonstrated experience operating or troubleshooting Customers audio visual recording software.
- Demonstrated experience working with Adobe Connect software suite.
- Demonstrated experience securely building, configuring and maintaining non networked equipment.
- Demonstrated experience with troubleshooting audio and video equipment and associated cabling.
- Demonstrated experience creating or revising classroom IT architectural diagrams or site security plans.
- This position requires US Citizenship. Verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements will be confirmed.
- The successful candidate must have an active U.S. Government Top Secret Security Clearance with a Full Scope Polygraph.
- Clearance Verification: This position requires successful verification of the stated security clearance to meet federal government customer requirements. You will be asked to provide clearance verification information prior to an offer of employment.
- This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The position will be located within the Washington Metropolitan Area (WMA).
- Local travel/POV will be on an as needed basis, within the local place of performance.
J5 Consulting offers excellent benefits and compensation packages. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing fair and equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran or military status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.