The Purchasing Agent is responsible for developing and executing division sourcing agreements for specific spend categories. In addition, assist director of purchasing with department community timeline and management the department workflow and areas of responsibility within the division.
- Review bids for completeness and accuracy. Prepare Bid Comparison and review with management team. Assist in selection of preferred bidder based on competitiveness and ability to fulfill contract requirements
- Resolve specification, scope of work, and plan conflicts using purchasing IS system
- Responsible for oversight of BuildPro as it relates to purchasing (Trade Partner Payment System)
- Manage and Coordinate the process in maintaining JDE accounting issues related to contracts or trade partner qualifications with Corporate.
- Responsible for performing plan takeoffs as needed.
- Update and maintain existing contracts as required.
- Review all extra EPO's to verify within accordance of approved take-offs, scopes of work, proper reason codes utilized, and work with Expeditor to resolve issues as they arise.
- Identify areas and trends in extra EPO's to prevent and to reduce costs.
- Review and process options per change orders.
- Prepare monthly site condition reports for new job starts.
- Interact with Suppliers/Trade Partners and Field Staff to resolve payment issues, product replacement and personality conflicts
- Prepare quarterly corporate reports in order to obtain the New Plus Rebates.
- Maintain organization of Suppliers/Trade Partner files and contracts.
- Review plan, create/revise budgets for multiple new and ongoing communities to ensure architecture is supported by the budget
- Ensure adherence to department policies and procedures.
- Status updates to Director of Purchasing related to ongoing projects and activities.
- Assist with communication and pricing negotiations with Suppliers/Trade Partners for the division.
- Assist Director of Purchasing with administrative support.
- Cross train in all areas of purchasing in order to be able to help out as necessary.
- Assist with recruiting new Suppliers/Trade Partners to maintain the appropriate trade base.
- Minimum High School or GED required
- Bachelor's degree in related field is preferred
- Minimum 5 years in a purchasing role with a National Builder
- Negotiating experience preferred
- Ability to read and understand residential blue prints.
- Efficient with Microsoft excel, Microsoft word, JD Edwards and other software systems
- Knowledge of all construction practices nation-wide
- Residential Construction experience is preferred
- Negotiating skills are preferred
- Professionally perform multiple, detail oriented tasks with simultaneous deadlines
- Good writing and organizational skills
- Must have the ability to perform high-level takeoffs.
- Must possess a strong work ethic and have integrity and loyalty
- Must be a team player with the ability to work well under pressure