We are hiring a Jr. Survey Party Chief to join our Chantilly, VA office. Position entails ensuring the accuracy of the survey work, coordination of the crew, potential interface with the client or other firms working on the project, site safety, and final field survey results. Individual should be well versed with field note reduction and in-depth plan interpretation and preparation. Must be able to work independently from tentative to final projects.
- Assist with performing boundary, topographic, transportation, ALTA and as-built surveys
- Perform construction stakeout surveys
- Prepare neat and accurate field notes and sketches
- Ensure proper maintenance of survey equipment and vehicle.
- 2+ years of experience as an instrument operator with relative survey experience.
- Competence in operating robotic total stations, GPS-RTK, digital leveling, and electronic data collection.
- Must be able to pass background checks for Federal Facilities, Drug Tests for Construction Sites
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record required.
- Self-motivated, responsible and dependable
- Ability to effectively communicate with supervisor and team members
- 2 or 4-year degree in Surveying or related field and CAD knowledge is preferred.
Why Join AMT?
If you are ready to contribute your talents to a company that boasts unrivaled opportunities for growth, engages and improves communities across the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast regions, and delivers impactful projects, we would love to hear from you.
Along with competitive salaries, AMT offers an exemplary benefits package that includes a strong 401(k) matching plan, medical, dental, and vision coverage, commuter benefits, educational assistance, and more.