What You'll Get to Do:
Responsible for management across a single program or a program with multiple related projects or a portfolio of projects. This includes planning, organizing, and oversight for the successful completion of program level goals and objectives. Duties may include ensuring that all projects are delivered within scope, time, and budget constraints. This family also interfaces with various levels of program leadership: project managers, task and functional leaders, subcontractors, and support personnel. Most jobs in this family have profit and loss (P&L) responsibility - defined as having direct influence on how company resources are allocated and being accountable for the performance of a self-contained unit delivering on the targets set and within budget by managing costs (decrease) and revenue (increase). Identified as the single point of contact (POC) in charge of the program that leadership can hold accountable for execution; the named Program Manager, e.g. CES-C identified. Director+ level PMs reside in the Program Management (L) career stream not Executive.
More About the Role:
- Typically manages a small to mid-size sub-function for a program or a large project.
- Own the execution of strategy and the operational direction of the sub-function or project
- Problems faced may be difficult to moderately complex
- Influences others outside of own program or project regarding policies, practices and procedures
- Responsible for ongoing performance of the program or project after production
- Head of a small to mid-size sub-function for a program. Establishes and implements tactical and operational plans for the sub-function, with significant impact on the achievement of the program. Focus is on mid to long-term strategies (e.g., 2-5 years) to achieve business results, which may require substantial development of new processes, standards or operational plans to achieve strategies. -OR-
- Head of a large project. Focus is on short to mid-term strategies (e.g., 1-2 years) to achieve business results. Establishes the business vision for the project in alignment with strategic goals.
- Responsible for coordinating proposal activity related to the sub-function or project, including business plans, work specifications, and budgets for scope expansion and new business.
Innovation & Complexity:
- Responsible for modifying and improving entire processes or systems using significant conceptualizing, reasoning and interpretation skills.
- Problems and issues faced are numerous and undefined, where information is typically difficult to obtain. Conducts extensive investigation to understand the root cause of problems. Problems are difficult and moderately complex. Problems typically impact multiple departments or specialties. Problems are typically solved through drawing from prior experience and analysis of issues.
- Establishes or executes on critical design concepts, criteria, and engineering efforts for product research, development, integration and test across whole program or projects.
Communication & Influence:
- Communicates with parties within and outside of own project/program, and typically has responsibilities for communicating with parties external to the organization, which may include customers or vendors.
- Requires ability to influence others outside of own job area on policies, practices and procedures
Leadership & Talent Management:
- Typically manages a small to mid-size sub-function for a program or a large project. These typically include multiple teams led by directors, managers and/or supervisors. May also lead through influence of other teams/departments. Typically, responsible for creating workforce and staffing plans for program/project to ensure availability of human capital necessary to accomplish business results.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
- ◦ Requires broad management and leadership knowledge to lead multiple job areas. Typically has mastery level knowledge and skills within a specific technical or professional discipline with broad understanding of other areas within the program/project.
- ◦ Typically has a University Degree (BA/BS) or equivalent experience and minimum 10 years related work experience.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Desired candidate possesses PMP certification
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Project
What We Can Offer You:
- We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI's unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.