J5 Consulting is a Maryland based company established in 2006 to provide computing and consulting services for government and commercial entities. Our services improve Information System networking performance and compliance and protect electronic assets from loss and compromise. We welcome your application to receive consideration for the following position.
The Customers office is responsible for collaborating with business partners to provide exceptional service for the management of IT, the streamlining of service delivery, and the stewardship and integrity of HR data. The Customer integrates technology, data and service delivery to optimize the business partner role across the Customers enterprise in support of the mission. The Customer requires support specializing in data science to work independently to compile data to address complex issues.
The position will:
- Assist the Customer to develop new quantitative methods to find patterns and relationships in large data sets.
- Assist the Customer to collaborate with stakeholders to determine the data needed to address project goals.
- Assist the Customer to incorporate insights and findings into a broad range of well-crafted, sophisticated products.
- Review internal data points and compare them to external data points.
- Recommend how data points could be used in external reporting.
- Provide recommendations on the data structure, collection, and process.
- Compile data to address complex issues for senior customers.
- Provide accurate, timely, and sophisticated data analysis in support of key Customer objectives.
Required skills and demonstrated experience:
- Demonstrated experience using Microsoft Excel to compare various data sets.
- Demonstrated experience creating Pivot Tables to aid in data organization.
- Demonstrated experience using Tableau to offer visual data illustrations.
- Demonstrated experience using Microsoft PowerPoint and Visio to aid in stakeholder presentations.
- Demonstrated experience engaging with customers, stakeholders, and project managers in an on-going dialogue to meet contract deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience leveraging multiple data management sources to organize relevant information to make recommendations and mitigations.
- Demonstrated experience translating complex, technical findings into an easily understood narrative.
- Demonstrated experience using data collection methods, capabilities, and tasking processes.
- Demonstrated experience engaging in data mapping activities.
- Demonstrated experience creating data dictionaries.
- Demonstrated experience creating Interface Control Documents outlining how systems interact.
- Demonstrated experience engaging in data manipulation, visualization, and wrangling activities.
- Demonstrated experience using Microsoft Excel to perform data optimization.
Highly desired, though not required, include:
- Demonstrated experience with Customer business operations and associated processes.
- Demonstrated experience with Business Process Management applications such as ServiceNow, Salesforce, or Appian.
- Demonstrated experience using strong analytic and critical thinking skills.
- This position requires US Citizenship. Verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements will be confirmed.
- The successful candidate must have an active U.S. Government Top Secret Security Clearance with a Full Scope Polygraph.
- Clearance Verification: This position requires successful verification of the stated security clearance to meet federal government customer requirements. You will be asked to provide clearance verification information prior to an offer of employment.
- This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The position will be located within the Washington Metropolitan Area (WMA).
J5 Consulting offers excellent benefits and compensation packages. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing fair and equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran or military status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.