Under the supervision of the Store Manager, Assistant Manager or Support Supervisor the Sales Associate II will learn to perform the various tasks associated with physical operation of the store. During this time the Associate will be exposed to the sales process and sales training opportunities. This role is transitional position and is not offered as a regular long term assignment. Individuals hired into this role will be expected to transition to a fully commission Sales Associate I role after a reasonable training period.
- Receives incoming merchandise delivery and assists with loading and unloading.
- Counts delivery items to verify receipt of merchandise.
- Notifies Store Manager or Support Supervisor of discrepancies or damaged items.
- Arranges merchandise on shelves according to style, size and type.
- May be required to assist with tracking of inventory, tagging, or labeling of shelving.
- Uses care in unpacking, storing, transferring, receiving, hanging or displaying items, to avoid damage and injury.
- May perform clerical duties such as filing, bank deposits, data entry, reports, audits, etc.
- Prepares product for display; includes assembling, inserting bulbs, wiring and pricing of merchandise for the sales floor.
- Performs other auxiliary duties relative to maintenance of stockroom, sales floor, and displays, (I.e., cleans, dusts merchandise, keeps show room aisles clear and lamp cords hidden, etc.) May perform audits to ensure the showroom is properly merchandised.
- May utilize the register or Kiosk to ring out sales or check on product availability. Handles all merchandise and currency in accordance with Corporate Security policies and views training modules when assigned.
- Demonstrates exceptional customer service and focus. May assist with Customer Stock Checks.
- Assist other team members by pulling product and performing merchandise carry-outs for customer
- Motivated, energetic individual who enjoys working with people and providing superior customer service.
- Position requires a valid driver's license and an automobile to drive to homes to conduct in home demonstrations/consultations.
- Must be able to multi-task.
- Must be able to climb ladders and lift up to 25 lbs.
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends.
- Regular job attendance is required in accordance with a regular schedule established for the position by the supervisor.
Lamps Plus is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States; however, we are not able to sponsor visas for this role.