This position is a key member of the Proposal Team and is responsible for generating accurate and detailed pricing estimates in response to customer requests for proposals. This requires coordination with cross-functional team members and effective data gathering and analysis. This position also provides support to Program Managers on proposal process and development of program budgets.
- Assist the Program Manager with the proposal kick-off: reviews the RFP pricing requirements, assists in the development of the Work Breakdown Structure and determines customer's proposal reporting requirements.
- Reviews, analyzes and implements complex pricing strategies ensuring both competiveness and responsiveness.
- Coordinates, collects, analyzes, and documents cost data utilized for preparation and support of proposal estimates.
- Assists/develops Bill of Material (BOM) structures, compiles required supporting data to ensure compliance with FAR and company procedures.• Generates detailed pricing estimates, pricing model, proposal structure, and pricing strategy. Finalize cost model and cost proposal for customer submission.
- Assists in support of customer evaluation /fact finding, negotiations, and proposal audit phases.
- Assists the Program Manager in the establishment of program budgets.
- Bachelor Degree required. Preferred degrees (but not limited to) included Finance, Accounting or Business Management
- 3+ years of directly related pricing experience
- Advanced knowledge in Excel
- Exposure to FAR/CAS and familiarity with Truth in Negotiations Act.
- Experience in Manufacturing Environment (Defense) preferred
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Knowledge working with Crystal Reports is a plus
- Experience working in the Quality Function is a plus
- Ability to effectively manage competing priorities and deadlines and handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
Fortive is a diversified industrial growth company comprised of global businesses that are recognized leaders in attractive markets. With more than $6 billion in annual revenues, Fortive's well-known brands hold leading positions in field instrumentation, transportation, sensing, product realization, automation and specialty, and franchise distribution.
Fortive is headquartered in Everett, Washington and employs a team of more than 24,000 research and development, manufacturing, sales, distribution, service and administrative employees in more than 40 countries around the world. Our team grows by tackling challenges that accelerate progress and further their careers. With a culture rooted in continuous improvement, the core of our company's operating model is the Fortive Business System. For more information please visit: www.fortive.com.
Pacific Scientific Energetic Materials Company (PacSci EMC), a Fortive Corporation (NYSE: FTV) operating company, makes critical missions possible. From concept to demonstration to delivery, we provide leading-edge energetic materials, devices and subsystems for use in military and commercial applications. With engineering and manufacturing capability in Arizona and California, our associates work together to solve the toughest technical challenges with a dedication to Safety First, Quality Every TimeTM. We enable success for innumerable missions on a daily basis, impacting the lives of military personnel, law enforcement officers, commercial airline pilots, astronauts, and oil field operators. For nearly a century, PacSci EMC's experience and expertise has been relied upon in the times When Milliseconds MatterTM. For more information, go to www.psemc.com.
PacSci EMC is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, sex, religion, age, national origin, color, disability, or veteran status. Nonetheless, pursuant to our subcontractor status on highly sensitive national security matters, Mechanical Assemblers and all other floor personnel who frequently shift cell assignments, as well as any personnel directly working with the following contract are subject to the following contractual provision: THAAD PRIME Flowdowns (H-Clauses) H-42 FOREIGN PERSONS, paragraph D., “All employees of all entities that make up the Contractor's team, whether subcontractors, consultants, or anyone who works with or on behalf of the Contractor will be citizens of the U.S.“ Accordingly, only U.S. citizens will be qualified to fill these roles. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
“The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Fortive Corporation. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as a Fortive Company. Fortive Corporation and all Fortive Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, and other characteristics protected by law. Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should call 1-866-272-5573 or e-mail email@example.com to request accommodation.“