Requisition Number: COOK004200
Texas Western Hospitality and managing partner Western International own and operate over thirty hotels, ranging from select service and full service to extended stays. We build and manage only the best brands. We proudly fly Marriott, Hilton, and Holiday Inn flags. We operate hotels throughout Texas, Arizona, North Carolina, and Washington State. We also have several properties currently under construction, which will be opening in the near future.
At TWH, we fly the best flags, build the best hotels and employ the best people. This simple, yet proven strategy has allowed us to deliver exceptional results to our stakeholders, investment partners, owners, associates, and customers alike.
- Assures the front line is completely broken down at the end of the shift, ensuring all food is stored properly and that all equipment is cleaned and maintained up to all health standards and established hotel policies regarding kitchen cleanliness and sanitation.
- Assures the front line is set up effectively, ensuring all menu products are adequately stocked.
- Rotates food products to preserve quality and control waste following the first in and first out.
- Maintains an orderly, clean, safe and sanitary work station that meets health standards and established hotel policies regarding kitchen cleanliness and sanitation.
- Checks AM and PM checklists to determine what kind and how much food to prepare.
- Assures all food products are properly labeled and dated.
- Cooks or otherwise prepares food according to the recipe.
- Cooks foods in quantities according to menu and number of persons to be served.
- Inventories food, supplies and equipment weekly.
- Orders kitchen supplies as needed.
- Ensures all temp logs and waste logs are maintained daily.
- Directs personnel assisting in preparation and serving of meals.
- Receives, dates, and examines foodstuffs and supplies to ensure quality and quantity meet established standards and specifications.
- Carries pans, kettles, and trays of food to and from work stations, stove, and refrigerator.
- Properly stores foods in designated areas following wrapping, dating, and rotation procedures.
- Cleans work areas, equipment, and utensils.
- Advises supervisor of low inventory items; assists in receiving items and tracking inventory as required.
- Maintains sanitation and cleanliness standards in the kitchen area that meet or exceed the state and local Health Board inspection and franchise requirements.
- Reports all unsafe or malfunctioning equipment to supervisor.
- Responds quickly to guest requests in a friendly manner. Follows up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
- Follows company policies and procedures.
Note: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management