Requisition Number: BRAND01509
At Horizon Hobby, we help people have fun with hobbies. Providing an exceptional customer experience is a mission we take seriously. That is why, when it comes to radio control (RC) fun, we don't mess around. Our company is a leader in the global RC industry which is growing and dynamic. Come join our team and help us continue to deliver a fun customer experience.
We are looking for a Brand Champion to lead the design and implementation of effective marketing strategies to build our brands and increase customer engagement with our RC surface products.
For this role, you will collaborate with various internal teams to conduct market and competitive analyses, design marketing campaigns and initiatives to build the brand and improve Net Promoter Score, customer engagement, and non-aided brand awareness. The successful candidate will have a degree in Marketing or a similar field and have a deep understanding of multiple consumer channels, advertising, and social media activities. Previous experience analyzing consumer behavior, conducting customer surveys, and organizing promotional events is a plus.
Key Priorities in being a Brand Champion:
- Ownership of the brand - positioning and awareness in the market.
- Content – Inspire people inside and out of the radio control hobby.
- Advertising – Effectively showcase our products through organic and paid channels.
- Partnerships – Connect our brand with partners that fit the positioning of the brand.
- Events – Reach and inspire existing and new fans of the brand.
Ultimately, you will help establish an RC surface brand in the market in a way that customers easily identify and select our company’s products and services. The Brand Champion executes the marketing strategies for a brand and is part of a team responsible for setting and achieving brand goals. The ideal candidate will also be a leader within the team in market research and analysis. This role is responsible for formulating, managing, and executing marketing strategies that grow and strengthen our consumer brand.
- Own and drive the presentation of the brand to the sales team, hobby shops, and potential customers.
- Create long term product campaigns that create sustained excitement around a product 6+ months after initial release.
- Bring enthusiasm and excitement to customers through online and in person events and interactions.
- Create engaging and inspiring content for the brand through the use of video, photography, and written copy.
- Identify opportunities for improvement and customer challenges with product releases for the brand and create an action plan to resolve.
- Work with the product development team to understand the product line and the future projects to develop a sound marketing plan for each launch the helps strengthen the positioning of the brand.
- Identify new ways to engage our customers, understand our customer demographics and needs from the brand, and build an action plan to grow our customer base inside and outside of the RC hobby industry.
- Support the execution of brand strategies that drive results in growing the brand and goals related to sales, margin, market share, and brand image.
- Develop processes and strategy for the brand teams to conduct consumer surveys and creating action plans from that data.
- Project management as it relates to marketing strategy and campaign execution as well as competitive analysis within the different categories within the RC hobby industry.
- Execute creative programs that maximize sales, brand loyalty and customer satisfaction.
- Some travel and event staffing (tradeshow and consumer events) required.
- Bachelor’s degree highly preferred, preferably in the fields of Marketing, Communications or Public Relations.
- Must be a proactive self-starter, working independently, yet collaboratively with others.
- Able to set priorities, solve problems, and be resourceful under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently manage campaigns to completion with desired results.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven organizational skills including attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- Experience in the RC Hobby Products Industry is a plus.
- Experience in the Motorsports industry is a plus.
- Public speaking experience a plus.
- Traveling is required in this role for attending industry events.
Horizon Hobby is an equal opportunity and E-Verify employer.