As a key member of our sales team the Sales Associate is responsible for managing an existing book of business and generating new business opportunities which drive profitable growth to IPS. The Sales Representative will play a key role to develop and expand our regional business.
Essential Functions & Key Responsibilities:
- Manage existing customer relationships and coordinate sales of IPS products.
- Strengthen relationships promoting/making connections at different levels within our companies.
- Identify and realize new business opportunities driving growth and profitability in line with fiscal objectives.
- Manage and grow existing accounts profitably by driving sound business practices including good price management, terms & freight management, and accounts receivable.
- Identify Cross-selling opportunities to promote and link other opportunities.
- Accomplish department and organization goals by accepting ownership for new and unique requests.
- Maintain and improve quality results by following standards; recommending improved policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain customer performance metrics, growth plans and account management plans
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures, values and business ethics
- Aggressively seek new business opportunities and close new business.
- Experience in the Flexible Packaging industry is a plus
- Ability to travel 90%
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and computer skills
- Outstanding problem solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Customer focus and good people skills
- Outstanding prospecting and closing skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- High level of personal initiative, energy and ownership for business success
- Willingness to be flexible and learn
Great employee benefits: 401(k), vacation, sick leave, medical, dental & life insurance