Providence is calling a Full Time, Day Shift Hospice Certified Home Health Aide to Providence TrinityCare Hospice based in Cerritos, CA.
This position provides coverage from Long Beach areas and Orange County. It is primarily Mon-Fri with 1 Saturday rotation per month.
Please upload a current resume reflecting all relevant experience.
In this position you will:
- The Certified Home Health Aide is a paraprofessional member of the Hospice Interdisciplinary Group ( IDG ) who works under the supervision of a Hospice Registered Nurse and performs various services for the patient as necessary to meet the patient's personal needs and to promote comfort.
- The Certified Home Health Aide is responsible for observing the patient, reporting these observations and documenting observations and care performed.
- The Certified Home Health Aide will be assigned in a manner that promotes the quality, continuity and safety of a patient's care. May provide care to premature infants, infants, pediatrics, adolescents, young, middle and older adults.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Current California Certified Home Health Aide certification
- Current American Heart Association BLS certification for healthcare providers
- Valid driver's license with an automobile that is in good working order and insured in accordance with state and/or LCMHS/TrinityCare Hospice requirements
- Minimum 1 year CHHA or CNA experience
- Understand hospice philosophy and is comfortable providing specialized care to the terminally ill
Preferred qualification for this position include:
- Hospice or Home Health experience strongly preferred.
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus
About the hospice you will serve.
Providence TrinityCare Hospice, established in 1977, is the oldest and largest non-profit hospice in Southern California and the first to be licensed by the State of California. Caring for people in Los Angeles and Orange Counties with professional teams in Torrance, Van Nuys and Cerritos, Providence TrinityCare Hospice is Medicare Certified and CHAP (Community Health Accreditation Program) accredited. We also provide the only specialized pediatric hospice service in Los Angeles County.