Requisition No: 87424
Agency: Department of Corrections
Working Title: FDC-CLASSIFICATION OFFICER-70025443- CENTURY CORRECTIONAL INSTITUTION
Position Number: 70025443
Salary: $30,988.62 - $61,325.27 annually
Posting Closing Date: 11/14/2019
- INTERNAL ADVERTISEMENT *
Classification Officer – 70025443
INTERNAL OPPORTUNITY ONLY – Must be currently employed with the Florida Department of Corrections to be considered for this position.
This advertisement is for a Career Service position located at Century Correctional Institution in the Classification Department.
Salary Range: $30,988.62 - $61,325.27 annually
SALARY WILL BE DETERMINED IN ACCORDANCE WITH CURRENT PAY POLICY.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position is responsible for managing a caseload of inmates, including inmates in special status. Other duties may include the following:
- Evaluates information from reports, interviews, and correspondence for recommendations for inmate custody classification and work/program assignment and reviews inmates for special status recommendation.
- Interviews inmates and prepares classification and progress reports both scheduled and unscheduled.
- Supervises and evaluates inmate progress and identifies inmate's needs.
- Prepares inmate management plan for approval.
- Performs file audits to ensure the accuracy of an inmate's file.
- Ensures that all eligible inmates are awarded the appropriate amount of gain time by reviewing all relevant information and updating database.
- Maintains inmate information on the department offender database.
- Counsels and refers inmates to treatment and program services.
- Plans and coordinates treatment and betterment programs.
- Observes and interacts with inmates at their work assignment, housing assignment and educational/vocational assignment.
- Visits the confinement/management units as necessary.
- Responds to inmate requests, correspondence and telephone inquiries.
- Attend mandatory and other training as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITY:
- Knowledge of the techniques for advising, interviewing and/or counseling individuals.
- Ability to interview and counsel.
- Ability to review and analyze data.
- Ability to describe facts and events accurately.
- Ability to apply laws, applicable rules, and procedures.
- Ability to plan, organize, and coordinate assignments.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to use office computer applications.
- Ability to work under stressful conditions.
Preference will be given to applicants with the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree is preferred; or
- Four years' experience in caseload management; or
- Four years' experience analyzing data and/or interpreting rules/statutes.
Support of knowledge, skills, and abilities should be demonstrated on the application, in the education, in the work experience, in the work sample, in the interview and/or during reference checks.
If you are interested in this position and meet the above indicated qualification and have the desired education, knowledge and experience, please submit a State of Florida Application and resume through the People First system. If you experience problems applying on-line, please call the People First Service Center at 1-877-562-7287.
Applications will be accepted until 11:59 PM on the closing date.
The State of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer, and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace.
Candidates requiring a reasonable accommodation, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the agency hiring authority and/or People First Service Center (1-866-663-4735). Notification to the hiring authority must be made in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
The State of Florida supports a Drug-Free workplace. All employees are subject to reasonable suspicion drug testing in accordance with Section 112.0455, F.S., Drug-Free Workplace Act.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE. Pursuant to Chapter 295, Florida Statutes, candidates eligible for Veterans' Preference will receive preference in employment for Career Service vacancies and are encouraged to apply. Candidates claiming Veterans' Preference must attach supporting documentation with each submission that includes character of service (for example, DD Form 214 Member Copy #4) along with any other documentation as required by Rule 55A-7, Florida Administrative Code. Veterans' Preference documentation requirements are available by clicking here. All documentation is due by the close of the vacancy announcement.
Nearest Major Market: Pensacola