About Green Thumb Industries:
Green Thumb Industries (GTI), a national cannabis consumer packaged goods company and retailer, is dedicated to providing dignified access to cannabis while giving back to the communities in which they serve. GTI manufactures and distributes a portfolio of branded cannabis products including Rythm, Dogwalkers, The Feel Collection, incredibles and Beboe, among others. The company also owns and operates rapidly growing national retail cannabis stores called Rise™ and Essence. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, GTI has 13 manufacturing facilities, licenses for 95 retail locations and operations across 12 U.S. markets. Established in 2014, GTI employs approximately 1,200 people and serves thousands of patients and customers each year. GTI was named a Best Workplace 2018 by Crain’s Chicago Business. More information is available at GTIgrows.com.
Supervise MIP team with the activities and operations required to complete the functions of the department. Study and comprehend all policies, procedures and operational guidelines set by the management team. This position is responsible for MIP production, which includes but is not limited to emulsifications, blending, candy and other food and beverage production, production of cannabis infused products, compliance requirements, and workplace safety. Provides direction to team in absence of Lab Manager.
- Provides direction and supervision to Lab Tech, Lab Tech Senior, and Lab Lead
- Familiarity with basic scientific principles and laboratory experience. Can follow written direction and maintain a laboratory notebook
- Must follow all applicable policies, procedures and guidelines. This includes the safe and proper operation of any/all applicable machinery, instrumentation, and equipment
- Sets up, operates, and maintains laboratory instruments, monitor experiments, makes observations, calculates and records results
- Knowledge of analytic testing, i.e. HPLC testing, and monitors product disposition to support quality control
- Maintains and enforces Chemical Hygiene Policy and related labeling
- Employee may also be responsible for monitoring production line and collecting samples for analysis
- Follow and edit standard procedures to meet Good Laboratory Practices and Good Manufacturing Practices compliance
- Records data in lab notebooks, computer databases, and test reports
- Maintains traceability logs and any other tracking information logs
- Good communication skills, verbal and written, with co-workers and management
- Practice good housekeeping habits throughout the facility with focus and personal contributions towards a clean and organized assigned work area at the end of the assigned shift
- Capable of working with hazardous chemicals and is able to identify and report unsafe equipment, conditions and practices so that they may be corrected prior to an incident
- Flexibility and the ability to shift work schedule according to production needs
- Some technical writing
- Maintains inventory of respective space
- Responsible for hygiene, organization, and overall appearance of laboratory
- Knowledge of lab equipment and responsible for preventative maintenance and keeping all equipment operational
- Responsible for all equipment modifications and part replacement/ordering
- Maintains hours of employees under direct supervision
- Assisting management with planning and scheduling
- Document and provide feedback on employee performance
- Assist in employee performance reviews
- Train Lab Tech and Lab Tech Senior and Lab Lead to accomplish lab tasks
- Delegate lab responsibilities
- o Tracking and logging
- o Operations
- o Inventory
- o General lab tasks
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements
- Experience as a Laboratory Technician, leadership experience a plus
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in biology, chemistry, or physics
- Intermediate level Laboratory experience
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered, including internal experience
- Active driver’s license or State ID card.
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
- Must pass all required background checks.
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal & company regulations for working in the industry.
- Must be approved by the MMCC to receive & maintain an Agent badge
- Skilled in intermediate math
- Familiarity with OSHA guidelines for dealing with hazardous chemicals
- Understanding & adhering to applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations as they pertain to the industry, safety regulations, local municipal codes and organizational rules, regulations, directives and standard operating procedures
- Ability to use standard office equipment, computer equipment and software including word processing, database management, spreadsheet applications and email
- Knowledge of laboratory best practices
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to perform grasping, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
- Physical demands – May be required to stand and/or walk for extended periods of time. Must be able to lift, carry and balance up to 50 pounds (200 pounds with assistance).
At GTI we believe that our corporate community should be a reflection of the communities we serve. We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture that celebrates diversity across race, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, religion, experience, and thought—not only because it is right, but because it makes us better. Our mission—the right to wellness—informs our commitment to champion economic opportunities in communities disproportionately affected by the war on drugs through employment and community involvement. GTI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We can't wait to meet you.