Providence is calling a Registered Nurse (0.6 FTE, Variable Shift) to work in Emergency Services to Providence Centralia Hospital in Centralia, Washington.
The Registered Nurse (RN) provides professional, comprehensive nursing care for patients in an acute care environment. Practices in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act in the state of employment, the American Nurses Association (ANA) Code of Ethics for Nurses, and the ANA scope and standards of practice. Key functions and specific skills for the job are found in the unit specific onboarding checklist and in standards that are applicable to the specialty.
In this position you will:
- Assess, diagnose, plan, implement and evaluate patientâs care to achieve patient goals and to optimize outcomes.
- Effectively advocate for ethical and holistic care to promote the autonomy, dignity, rights, values and beliefs of those we serve.
- Foster a learning environment for patient/families, nursing, and other members of the healthcare team including students.
- Align practice with safety and quality. Be accountable for safety, identify and correct problems.
- Engage in ongoing professional development; promote a culture of inquiry that explores, integrates and disseminates research and evidence based practice.
- Lead and coordinate teams, delegate, coordinate care and collaborate with others as equal members of the inter-professional care team to integrate nursing knowledge.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Nursing degree/diploma required upon hire
- All Registered Nurses without a minimum of a Bachelorâs degree in Nursing must obtain a Bachelorâs degree in Nursing or higher within (3) years of hire.
- A RN with 20 years of RN experience will not be required to obtain a BSN
- Active Washington state RN license
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Provider card must be from the following authorized governing bodies: American Heart Association (AHA), American Red Cross (ARC), or Military Training Network (MTN) upon hire
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) must be from American Heart Association (AHA) or Military Training Network (MTN) upon hire
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) or Emergency Nursing Pediatric Course (ENPC) within 6 months of being hired and Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC) within 6 months of being hired
- Twelve (12) months acute care experience working with the patient population similar to department of hire or completion of the specialty residency located at that facility
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- National certification in area of specialty
About the hospital you will serve:
Providence Centralia Hospital in Centralia, Washington is a 127-bed, not-for-profit hospital providing emergency, diagnostic, cancer, birthing and surgical services. It consistently receives high scores on accreditation surveys by the Joint Commission, the Washington Department of Health (DOH) and the Washington Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS).