Providence is calling a Pharmacy Tehnician Ambulatory (1.0 FTE, Day Shift) to Providence Centralia Hospital in Centralia, WA.
The Ambulatory Pharmacy Technician is a clinical position that assists the ambulatory clinical pharmacist in patient care. This caregiver will facilitate obtaining histories from patients, performing follow up to ensure positive outcomes and facilitate clinic activities and workflows that help the clinical pharmacy department meet ministry initiatives
In this position you will:
- Evaluates referrals and prepares new patient data for review by provider. Acquires medical information from outside labs or sources. Routes clinic calls and takes messages.
- Explains clinical services to new patients. Communicates to referring care providers
- Facilitates patient greeting and check in. Manages in-clinic patient workflow to promote positive patient experience and ease patient’s way.
- Facilitates patient scheduling and provider schedule management.
- Manages tasks and communications with patients and providers to ensure appropriate follow up
- Evaluates clinical events (i.e. hospitalization) and summarizes for provider review to ensure appropriate transitions of care
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High School Diploma or Education to meet certification, license or registration requirement
- Current Washington Pharmacy technician License required.
- Two (2) years’ work experience (applicable experience in health care)
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence Centralia Hospital in Centralia, Washington is a 127-bed, not-for-profit hospital providing emergency, diagnostic, cancer, birthing and surgical services. It consistently receives high scores on accreditation surveys by the Joint Commission, the Washington Department of Health (DOH) and the Washington Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS).