WORKING WITH AEVEX
Becoming part of the AEVEX Aerospace family means joining a highly qualified and dedicated team that appreciates the opportunities and rewards that come with supporting critical, no-fail missions.
At AEVEX, you’ll find expertly-credentialed, innovative team players who are the best at what they do and constantly strive to meet high expectations in an ever-changing environment.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- The mechanic will maintain, repair, and modify structural components on C130 model aircraft.
- The qualified applicant must have the experience and ability to perform the following:
- Experience performing Aircraft C and D-checks (desired)
- Experience in aircraft structural repair, fabrication, modification, and installation of parts, items, and assemblies by interpreting technical data using engineering drawings, blue prints, or manufacturers drawings/manuals.
- The Mechanic will plan, lay out, fabricate, assemble, install, and repair both internal and external aircraft structures and surfaces for aircraft modification.
- Mechanic must be a qualified aviation sheet metal mechanic with experience in aviation sheet metal, hardware installation such as rivet/blind rivet installation, HI-Loc installation, etc.
- The candidate must have a common knowledge of tooling required for performance of aircraft structural work.
- Additional job duties are required but not limited to: performs corrosion control, maintenance inspections, miscellaneous duties to service aircraft, tow and jack aircraft.
- Strong aircraft structures knowledge and skill is required for this position.
- Work in a team-oriented work environment, under minimal supervision, performing a variety of structural assembly operations in a production department
- Must be able to read and interpret schematics, assembly drawings, process specifications, technical manuals, written instructions, test procedures, etc.
- Must be able to setup and use a variety of precision measuring instruments such as: dial indicators, micrometers, measurement gauges and calipers, etc.
- Must be able to use common hand tools: drills, reamers, debarring tools, files, rivet guns, bucking bars, etc.
- Complies with all environmental, health, and safety policies and procedures
- Must have a well-rounded knowledge of sheet metal tooling, equipment, materials, and processes
- Must take instruction and guidance well
- Must be able to lift 70 lbs.
- Must be able to perform moderately strenuous physical tasks which include bending, stooping, kneeling and working overhead for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work at a fast pace while maintaining a high level of quality
- 5+ years structural sheet metal experience
- Experience performing Aircraft C & D-checks
- Heavy modification/integration/repair sheet metal experience on aircraft
- High school diploma/GED
- A&P license
- Primary work at Centennial, CO secondary work area Colorado Springs, CO
- NOT REQUIRED TO HAVE A SECURITY CLEARANCE
Our vision is to be the recognized leader in full-spectrum airborne intelligence solutions. We take a long-term view of our relationships within the industry, partnering with our customers to rapidly identify, develop, and deliver tailored solutions for airborne intelligence requirements.
Our culture attracts and retains the very best talent, and we thrive in dynamic mission environments. Whether we are providing flight test support to development of a new collection aircraft; operating a high-priority deployed unmanned aircraft system; or providing post-mission collection analysis for special operators, we follow through and deliver results, every time. We never lose sight of our customer, maximizing the full potential of our end users.
AEVEX Aerospace is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any status protected by federal, state or local discrimination laws.