WORKING WITH AEVEX
Becoming part of the AEVEX Aerospace family means joining a highly qualified and dedicated team that appreciates the opportunities and rewards that come with supporting critical, no-fail missions.
At AEVEX, you’ll find expertly-credentialed, innovative team players who are the best at what they do and constantly strive to meet high expectations in an ever-changing environment.
C-130J AVIONICS TECHNICIAN
The Technician must be able to work under minimal supervision while conducting the removal/installation of avionics electrical components, fabrication of wiring harnesses, installations, terminations, ring-out, and functional tests of systems on C-130J aircraft.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assists in installations, modifications, and the fabrication of wiring and electrical components, fixtures, and associated equipment in accordance with blueprints, worksheets, engineering drawings
- Accesses, remove and re-install aircraft components including mechanical and electrical which obstruct the performance of assigned repair/replace or modification/integration tasks
- Assists with repairs on off-aircraft components such as switch panels, circuit breaker panels, and junction boxes
- Performs troubleshooting of all avionics/mission systems installed on the aircraft
- Fabricates parts/wire harness and installs per engineering drawings and instructions
- Complies with all environmental, health, and safety policies and procedures
- Assists in updating and completion of work orders and operation details
- Assists with on-going maintenance tasks when avionics specific tasks are complete
- Analyzes and develops solutions to complex electronic problems
- A strong aircraft avionics knowledge and skill is required for this position
- Work in a team-oriented work environment, under minimal supervision, performing a variety of avionics modification/integration operations in a production environment
- Must be able to read and interpret: schematics, assembly drawings, process specifications, technical manuals, written instructions, test procedures, coding systems, test equipment, etc.
- Must be skilled using basic hand tools, operate ground support equipment, troubleshoot engine electrical/electronic systems, and measuring using a variety of basic/precision measuring devices relating to job function
- Must be able to lift 70 lbs.
- Must be able to perform moderately strenuous physical tasks which include bending, stooping, kneeling and working overhead for long periods of time
- Must be able to work at a fast pace while maintaining a high level of quality
- Primary work at Centennial, CO secondary work area Colorado Springs, CO
- NOT REQUIRED TO HAVE A SECURITY CLEARANCE
- High School Diploma/GED
- 5+ relevant work experience
- Maintenance experience on DoD/Military aircraft preferably C-130 Model
- FCC License preferred
- FAA repair station experience is preferred
Our vision is to be the recognized leader in full-spectrum airborne intelligence solutions. We take a long-term view of our relationships within the industry, partnering with our customers to rapidly identify, develop, and deliver tailored solutions for airborne intelligence requirements.
Our culture attracts and retains the very best talent, and we thrive in dynamic mission environments. Whether we are providing flight test support to development of a new collection aircraft; operating a high-priority deployed unmanned aircraft system; or providing post-mission collection analysis for special operators, we follow through and deliver results, every time. We never lose sight of our customer, maximizing the full potential of our end users.
AEVEX Aerospace is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any status protected by federal, state or local discrimination laws.