The Component Diamond Grader/Sorter I is responsible for processing, sorting, and serializing loose diamonds in accordance with Company quality standards.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Receive invoices and memos from vendors, communicating any discrepancies to supervisor and vendor within 24 hours of receipt.
- Process all loose diamonds efficiently and accurately:
- Spread stones by invoice/lot, weighing each, in preparation for serialization and grading.
- Input stone information for serialization into SAP computer system.
- Prepare and process all loose stone returns, repairs, and certifications.
- Responsible for the accurate and timely processing of Trade-In/Returns (TIRTs), Merchandise Loss Reports (MLRs), and Gold Buy from the stores within established Company guidelines.
- Assist in monthly inventory process.
- Conduct yourself in an ethical and professional manner at all times, fostering teamwork, respect, excellence in job performance, Company loyalty, and superior customer service.
- Lead by example, upholding and complying with all Company policies, procedures, and guidelines, whether written or implied.
- Communicate through the chain of command any action or inaction contrary to Company policies, procedures, guidelines or direction.
- Protect and promote the interests and reputation of the Company including its assets, inventory, customers and employees.
- Reliable, consistent attendance is a requirement and an essential function for this position.
The primary environment for this role is an open office. Considerable business is conducted using the telephone and computer technology. Travel may be required to stores 5% of the time.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and meet tight deadlines.
- Possess excellent manual dexterity with very small items.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy.
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Demonstrated ability with math:
- Adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing.
- Understanding and ability to work with decimal numbers, fractions, and percentages.
- Ability to convert fractions, decimals, and percentages.
CORE ACCOUNTABILITIES OF ALL ROLES AT WESTERN STONE & METAL
The Company is family owned, and its operation is based on teamwork and team decisions. How the Company functions and its decision-making processes are more specifically outlined in our Corporate Philosophy, Corporate Mission Statement, Core Values and Cultural statements. As an employee of the Company, you are expected to adhere to these concepts in the judgment you exercise as you carry out your job duties, as follows: Maintain a work environment that aligns with the WSM core values and embody those values [Integrity; One Team, One Company; Uncompromising Standards; Passion; Continual Improvement; People Focused], take excellent care of the customer; follow the direction and guidance of all appropriate and authorized personnel; conduct yourself in an ethical and professional manner at all times, fostering teamwork, respect, excellence in job performance, Company loyalty, and superior customer service; lead by example upholding and complying with all Company policies, procedures, and guidelines, whether written or implied; communicate any action or inaction contrary to Company policies, procedures, guidelines or direction; recognize, communicate, and act upon opportunities for Company, store/department, and personal improvement; protect and promote the interests and reputation of the Company including its assets, inventory, customers and employees.
Position is responsible for performing any other duties or functions which are mandated and/or needed by Management.