Business Development Associate
The Business Development Associate (BDA) is responsible for generating leads for Key Account Managers by cold calling prospects (Business to Business B2B). Proactively contacts customer base and qualifies prospects, as well as presents features, functions, and benefits of our services and solutions. Maintains a positive relationship with new clients in order to facilitate future sales. This is an entry level sales position designed to learn the business, learn and immediately use skills necessary to be fully capable of an Account Manager role, and improve upon sales and client management skills. This job is precursor to be promoted to a Key Account Manager within an assigned territory. Time in this job is generally 5 to 6 months. Interest in relocation, a plus.
What you’ll be doing:
- Effectively pitches, qualifies, and closes installed base contract renewals and upgrades using technical selling skills and offering knowledge to partners.
- Sells consultatively and makes recommendations to prospects and clients of the various solutions the company offers to their business issues.
- Assists in Managing opportunities throughout the entire solution selling process and leverages various sales tools and resources during the closing process.
- Identifies decision makers and influencers; identifies needs and develops relationships with many levels of personnel within accounts; interacts with individuals and groups in various types of roles.
- Develops monthly sales action plan in conjunction with management, which details activities to follow during the fiscal year, which will focus the meeting or exceeding quotas.
- Develops, builds, and reports on pipeline of opportunities by staying in touch with existing customers.
- Participates in a Business Development Service and/or Territory Sales Training Program.
- Learns the Data Center Warranty and Hardware Services business.
- Qualifies and generates leads by cold calling B2B prospects; promotes company services and shows persistence in calling potential new customers.
- Follows a prescribed sales prospecting and selling process.
- Works with Key Account Managers and other Sales staff; communicates verbally and via email the necessary information to properly disclose and disposition a lead.
- Participates in modular training plan, role playing and Q&A activities and practices to refine skills.
- Records information and researches companies using company CRM program.
- Schedules and participates in client conference calls, fact finding and business development efforts.
- Works across support and administrative specialist functions to provide insight and information for contract compliance.
- Documents activities in CRM program.
- Participates in sales team and other company meetings
- Makes up to 80 phone calls per day, schedules up to 10 conference calls per week.
- Prepares daily, weekly, and monthly activity reports.
- Responds to miscellaneous management and customer requests.
- Other duties as assigned.
What we’re looking for:
- 6 months related experience (customer service, sales, business development, marketing, lead generation and/or prospecting).
- Interest in and availability to relocate, preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 1-877-778-8707.
Park Place Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Park Place Technologies has an in-house recruiting team that focuses exclusively on the hiring needs of our company. We are not currently accepting additional third-party agreements or unsolicited resumes. If you would like to be considered as a preferred partner with Park Place Technologies, please submit your detailed information to email@example.com. Any CVs submitted directly to hiring managers will be considered unsolicited and become the property of Park Place Technologies.