United States of America
HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE , Cedar Rapids, IA, 52498-0505 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we're dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we're driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Our global HR team works on behalf of our 70,000 employees to create a culture where talent thrives. Whether it's recruiting the best people to our organization, partnering with managers to lead successful teams, accelerating the development of our top performers, or executing our holistic “Healthy You“ wellness program, we impact the business in a number of important ways. We do this, and much more, without losing sight of our values, ethical standards and the importance of compliance. From the big, strategic programs to the high-touch client partnerships, our HR team is leading cultural transformation at Collins Aerospace.
We are currently seeking candidates for the role of Talent Leader.We are seeking candidates for this role supporting our Avionics business unit; this role will be part of the Human Resources organization and report to the Director, Talent Management. The Talent Leader role will develop and deliver the Talent strategy for the business unit or region aligned to the respective organizational goals relative to hiring, succession planning, retention diversity and inclusion, and employee engagement.The internal development of a Talent strategy and cultivation of a robust talent pipeline to improve talent identification, accelerated talent development, and succession coverage from many aspects.Partnership with senior business leaders, HR Business Partners, Talent Communities of Expertise leaders, and external partners within the business or locally to execute upon the talent strategy will be critical.
- Development of a holistic talent strategy aligned with the respective business unit or region inclusive of all elements of acquisition, retention, development, engagement and inclusion.
- Drive talent acquisition and capability needs, talent identification, succession planning, and talent development activities within the business unit or region serving as the key driver and central hub.
- Work in close partnership with senior business leaders, HR Business Partners, and Data & Analytics leaders within the business units to articulate a current state and future vision supported by analytics
- Serve as a “culture steward“ to the business unit or region on employee engagement and performance through partnership, tools and resources.
- Prime interface between the business unit and central Talent Community of Expertise to ensure the right level of influence and balance on polices, tools, processes, and systems.
- Oversees the implementation of strategies that will help foster an inclusive work environment and enhance employee satisfaction and engagement.
- Works to influence executive leadership on the implementation of talent management strategies; implements plans to address short-and long-term talent needs.
- Develops and implements plans that align staffing strategies and the organization's desired internal and external market position with short- and long-term needs of the assigned area.
- Establishes and implements critical functional strategies for assigned areas of performance management trends and recommends solutions to address problem areas.
- Implements talent management programs and processes.
- Develops and implements programs, including recruitment, learning and development, performance management, diversity within a business line / unit.
- Monitors routine and standardized training programs, assesses results and implements enhancements as needed.
- Conducts training needs assessments, analyzes employee training needs and plans requirements for workforce development.
- Conducts ongoing evaluations to ensure effectiveness of programs and recommends modifications as necessary.
- Maintains training attendance records to determine program effectiveness.
- Analyzes the organizational structure and determines changes to be implemented with regard to organizational responsibilities, staffing, managerial skills and the quality of work life.
- Bachelor's Degree in the appropriate discipline and 12 years of relevant experience OR
- Advanced Degree in the appropriate discipline and 10 years of relevant experience OR
- In the absence of a degree, 16 years of relevant experience is Required.
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to interact with all levels within the organization
- Strong assessment and influencing skills
- Experience driving large change efforts globally
- Must be willing to sit onsite in Charlotte, NC
- Must be willing to travel across the United Sates and internationally on an ad hoc basis (approximately 30% of the time).
- At least 3 years supporting Talent Management
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.