United States of America
HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE , Cedar Rapids, IA, 52498-0505 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we're dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018, we're driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Do you want to be part of a new, exciting initiative to combine foundational IT with new digital technologies? Our Digital Technology team is driving business efficiencies and a better customer experience by connecting technologies, people, information and processes. From making aircraft more electric, intelligent and integrated to building new software platforms such as Internet of Things, big data, artificial intelligence, and blockchain, there's no better place to be right now than in digital. If you're an agile thinker who enjoys utilizing modern technology to make big improvements, then you're a perfect fit for this team. Join Collins Aerospace to help us revolutionize the aerospace industry today!
The Digital Technology Program Management Office is currently searching for a seasoned professional in Project Management who works independently, supports the development of project plans, schedules and budgets for digital technology projects. Responsibilities include facilitating project tasks with various functional organizations, project forecasting, tracking progress, identifying, recommending resolutions and escalating project problems.
- This position is located in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. Other locations to be considered are Charlotte, North Carolina, Winston-Salem, North Carolina, or Windsor Locks, Connecticut. Relocation assistance may be available for qualified candidates.
- The ideal candidate will effectively lead the planning and implementation of digital technology projects to enable the organization to succeed and meet strategic deliverables.
- This position focuses on managing multiple digital technology projects, which may include implementation of third party solutions, application development and infrastructure optimization solutions.
- Communicate and manage project vision with project leadership team to ensure an understanding of the project plan and scope, in conjunction with the company's commitments and customer expectations.
- Define deliverables, scope of work and develop detailed project schedules to ensure value is provided to the customer/requestor and business objectives and goals are met.
- Build highly effective project teams, and establish effective relationships with impacted departments and functional areas.
- Communicate expectations and instill accountability in team members.
- Resolve conflicts, promote work sharing, and motivate teams toward common goals.
- Apply project management principles including project financial management, scope and schedule management, risk and opportunity management, critical problem solving, variance and root cause analysis techniques to ensure on time delivery of product capabilities that meet customer requirements.
- Make timely and sound business decisions that support the business objectives of Collins Aerospace.
- Summarize and present key information to senior leadership enabling them to make decisions.
- Manage multiple projects, tasks, and resources through effective organization, prioritization, and time management practices to meet operational objectives.
- Participate in continuous process improvement and lean initiatives.
- Experience with project management oversight of infrastructure and software development initiatives.
- Experience building and managing schedules in MS Project.
- Preferred experience:
- Experience working in a government and/or manufacturing environment.
- Experience with multiple project methodologies including waterfall and agile Scrum methodology
- Experience leading data migration activities
- Program Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Experience managing projects in the following areas
- IT cyber security
- Mobile applications
- Collaboration tools
- SAP / ERP
- Business Warehouse / Data Analytics
- Cloud solutions
- This position requires a Bachelor's degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 3 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience is required.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.