Job ID 01409501 Date posted 09/14/2020 City Cedar Rapids State Iowa Country United States
United States of America
HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE , Cedar Rapids, IA, 52498-0505 USA
Have you ever considered working in one of the fastest growing engineering disciplines? The Cyber Security Engineering team needs an additional Security Software Engineer to fulfill our mission. This shared services team supports the development of products throughout the company wherever the customer has a security requirement or it's understood that the system will be exposed to cyber threats through it's connectivity or operational use. We develop tools and testing techniques to help identify residual defects in design or implementation which could result in a vulnerability that negatively impacts the confidentiality, availability, or integrity of the system. Members of the security engineering team achieve this by embedding with the design and implementation teams as subject matter experts to support a complete secure system development lifecycle (SSDLC).
Supporting this mission involves: developing threat models and information flow architectures to ensure data can be properly isolated in motion and while at rest, implementing mandatory access controls (MAC) through the development of SELinux policies, developing and executing fuzzing and penetration tests to evaluate the robustness of the attack surface, reviewing code to identify weaknesses in the implementation of security functions, and conducting vulnerabilities assessments of proposed and in-service systems.
Experience working with the following is preferred:
- Threat Modeling
- Vulnerability Analysis
- Penetration Testing
- Application Fuzzing
- Static Code Analysis
- Data/network security implementation in the Linux OS
- TCP/IP networking protocols
- Embedded system development
- Development C/C+• and/or Python in an embedded Linux application OS
- This position requires a Bachelor's degree in the appropriate discipline and 3 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 7 years of relevant experience is required.
- The candidate is required to have excellent communication skills to communicate technical issues and status in both written and oral form.
- The candidate must be adaptable to change, determined to accomplish tasks based on program schedule, collaborate with teammates in order to learn and make good decisions, enjoy learning new technologies, and contribute to a positive work environment.
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we're helping passengers reach their destination safely. We're connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we're providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms