Job ID 01400180 Date posted 06/16/2020 City Cedar Rapids State Iowa Country United States
United States of America
HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE , Cedar Rapids, IA, 52498-0505 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we're dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we're driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions — whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you'll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.
Responsible for engineering support during the assembly, test, and acceptance processes in the manufacture of Rockwell Collins products. This includes responsibility
for specific process or environmental areas. Incumbent may be assigned to a specific product line or Integrated Product Team (IPT). Uses independent judgment to
make decisions in day-to-day job responsibilities the majority of the time under general supervision.
- Maintains cognizance and control over Engineering support costs to Mfg.
- May recommend product producibility projects to reduce support costs.
- Provides technical interpretation of drawings and specifications for moderately complex products.
- Recommends engineering solutions for design tolerance problems and coordinates implementation with Design Engineering. May also coordinate with LCVSM.
- Evaluate test plans and test equipment designs. Selects capital test equipment using sound cost/payback analysis. May generate and track Appropriation Requests.
- Evaluate Customer Returned Good (CRG) activity to repair and return units in the most efficient manner. Use analysis of CRG failure data to identify methods of preventing future failures.
- Provide capacity planning and utilization analysis for accurate staffing and test equipment needs. Contribute to new test approaches that will reduce staffing and capital requirements.
- Eliminate/reduce test defects and improve test yields. Perform root cause analysis and take corrective action to resolve test failures.
- Studies test equipment performance and reliability, and establishes programs and solutions for decreasing equipment downtime. Contributes to suggestions for improve design of next generation test equipment.
- Receives little instruction on assigned tasks. Works fairly independently. Follows established processes.
- Extensive use and application of standard engineering and manufacturing principles and processes.
- Develops solutions to difficult technical problems of moderate to broad scope with occasional guidance from project managers
- Failure to achieve results will have significant impact to product quality or delivery schedules.
- Develops implements and maintains test methods and processes in the manufacture and test of sub-assembly, module, and top level product for well-defined new product lines or difficult product lines.
- Determines proper test flows and sequencing for the efficient flow of assigned products.
- Provides technical assistance and training support to floor test technicians.
- Maintains test documentation in current configuration and oversees accurate change management procedures for all test documents.
- Analyze test approach, plans, and processes for cost reduction opportunities.
- Develops working knowledge of difficult test systems and hardware.
- Provides technical assistance and support to all levels of testing.
- May provide Material Review Board analysis and disposition of Rockwell Collins and/or supplier products.
- Individual job duties may vary.
- Electrical Engineering Degree is preffered.
This position requires a Bachelor's degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 3 years of relevant experience.In the absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience is required.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms