This position will provide Epic training and support for the Patient Access areas in Cedar Rapids, Dubuque, and Jones Regional Medical Center.
Revenue Cycle Informatics Trainers serve as an integral member of the electronic health record (Epic) support team. Key responsibilities include direct training and support of end users on the registration/scheduling/billing functionality of the electronic health record. The role also serves as a liaison between IT and end users and may assist with other applications as assigned.
Client/End User Education
- Develop a complete understanding of the EHR application(s) and teach the application(s) to others within the organization, following the standardized and best practice curriculum.
- Provide educational updates registration/scheduling/billing applications through classroom sessions, 1:1 instruction, or using remote technology. May assist with education programs for other end users/modules as needed.
- Assist with the development, maintenance, and implementation of training materials, communications and procedures related to registration/scheduling/billing applications.
- Coordinate training programs with the various functional departments to achieve and reinforce organizational goals. This may include programs specific insurance, payment collection, and customer service.
- Participates in pre-planning and on-site support activities associated with the onboarding of new departments.
- Assess EHR competency levels of end users and recommend action to strengthen performance and increase efficiency.
- Interact with management to monitor effectiveness of training efforts. Monitoring may include routine review of work queues, dashboards or other key workflows/functions.
- Participate in committees and workgroups, as needed, to address specific issues or assist in the development of revised or new training programs.
Customer Service/Technical Support
- Provide coordination of chart correction issues within the electronic health record.
- Support the end user and IT in resolving EHR or computer related issues, which may include the submission and/or tracking of service tickets and enhancements.
- High school or vocational school graduate
- Must achieve Epic credentialed trainer status for registration/scheduling/billing curriculum as assigned within 4 to 6 months of hire
- Two years of reimbursement/billing and/or clerical experience in a healthcare setting.
- Experience with electronic health record functionality.
- Writes, reads, comprehends and speaks fluent English.
- Basic computer knowledge using e-mail, SharePoint, and web browsers, and Microsoft office applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint..
- Knowledge of medical terminology and coding diagnoses/procedures