Receptionist - Orthopaedics
PLEASE NOTE APPLICATION MUST BE COMPLETED IN ITS ENTIRETY FOR FURTHER CONSIDERATION OF THIS POSITION - THIS INCLUDES THE EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION SECTIONS
The Physicians' Clinic of Iowa Department of Orthopaedics is seeking a full-time Receptionist for its busy practice. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Greet patients in a pleasant, prompt and helpful manner
- Check patients out from their appointment and schedule any future needed appointments.
- Answer phones, answer general patient questions, and collect co-pays if not captured at check in.
- Document patient calls, inquiries, and task physician/nurse accurately and within a timely manner using the electronic health record system.
- Schedule, reschedule or cancel appointments as requested by referring providers or patients
- Will also perform other basic clerical duties.
The successful candidate must maintain patient confidentiality and demonstrate a high level of professionalism at all times. The qualified individual will be patient focused, possess excellent communication skills, and must work well with team members. An applicant with scheduling and insurance background preferred.
Must also have a high level of comfort and become proficient in utilizing computer systems including electronic medical record system. Leading candidates will have experience using electronic medical software and will have two to three years if experience in a medical office.
We are an excellent employer offering competitive salary, benefits, no night or weekends, paid holidays, and a generous paid time off program.
PCI is E.O.E. Pre-employment drug screen and background check required. PCI is a tobacco free workplace. Will be subject to PCI’s vaccine or testing policy.