Responsible for developing and maintaining a positive relationship with referral sources as well as designated communities, and for providing education on topics pertaining to hospice care. Also, responsible for assisting intake as needed to ensure timely and accurate referral coordination.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
- Meet admission and call volume targets
- Coordinates daily sales and marketing operations including implementation of marketing initiatives
- Build and monitor customer perceptions of ST. CROIX HOSPICE as a high-quality provider of services.
- Document all sales activity in the CRM per organizational requirements
- Employs marketing and promotional initiatives to achieve budgetary sales volume projections
- Maintains comprehensive working knowledge of markets including government agencies, major payer groups, key referral sources, and competitor's market positioning
- Enhances flow of communication between patient, family, caregiver, facility, physician team, and any other hospice support vendors
- Provides patient, family, and caregiver with education on hospice and encourages informed decision making
- Assists the Director of Patient Services/Regional Director in establishing organization volume projections in the annual budget and in establishing allocations for the marketing department. Monitors allocation of resources according to budgetary limitations
- Continuously conducts market assessments and assists in developing a comprehensive marketing plan designed to meet budgetary volume projections
- Assist with coordinating and scheduling marketing events, vendor fairs, and exhibits within various territories
- Assists with ongoing training and support of Care Transition Team. Participate in mentoring and shadowing of Care Transition Coordinators to assist in territory management
- Assists in orienting all new staff members of the marketing team
- Provides leadership in strategic planning including identifying opportunities for additional or improved services to address customer needs
- Maintains comprehensive working knowledge in the field of marketing and shares information with appropriate organization personnel
- Maintains comprehensive working knowledge of community resources and assists customers in accessing community resources should services not be provided
- Monitors and reports cost effectiveness of marketing efforts
- The above statements are intended to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description
- Associates degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Healthcare, or related field.
- Ability to position services to, and deal tactfully with, customers and clients.
- Demonstrates good communications skills, negotiation skills, and public relations skills.
- Demonstrates autonomy, organization, assertiveness, flexibility and cooperation in performing job responsibilities.