- Use exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills to answer calls regarding retirement, life, and annuity investment products.
- Identify customer needs and provide personalized service to ensure positive and meaningful outcomes; engage more knowledgeable team members as needed.
- Locate/research information using multiple systems/technologies.
- Coordinate with cross-functional departments to obtain and/or provide necessary information to resolve issues.
- Document customer inquiries and associated actions; follow-up on outstanding items in a timely manner.
- Learn and maintain a basic understanding of products, procedures, and systems
- Achieve department metrics and expectations
- Participate in a team based environment to achieve department goals
- Associate's degree in a business field or equivalent experience
- One year of call center or customer service experience, or financial services industry experience
- Ability to communicate with customers in a professional manner, orally and in writing
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proficiency using MS Office tools
- Understanding of retirement, life, and annuity investment products
- Office/call center environment
- May work varied shifts
Why Work for Us
Total Rewards at Transamerica: It's more than a paycheck. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package is designed to help support you in many ways — throughout all stages of your life and career. We provide a competitive, market-driven program that encompasses base compensation, bonus potential, retirement, health and wellness benefits, learning and development opportunities, plus great employee perks. All designed with you in mind… to help you live your best life, grow personally and professionally - and feel valued for the work you do.
Learn more about our Total Rewards Package.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Transamerica Life Insurance Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
AEGON USA Realty Advisors, LLC, is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
Applicants with physical or mental disabilities may be entitled to a form of reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state and local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will insure equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on the Transamerica Companies. If you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require assistance to apply for one of our jobs, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you experience technical problems during the application process, please email email@example.com.
- Director, Customer Care (Cedar Rapids or St. Paul)
- Customer Care Representative
See all vacancies
Visit the dedicated careers website for more information about working for Transamerica.
Roles at Aegon
Find out more about different roles available at Aegon and Transamerica Globally.