APPLY NOW: Text “careers“ to 480-800-8056
Does collaborating with a team to deliver the finest produce presentation sound exciting? Does working in the most popular department sound like a challenge you want to take on? Does teaching and showing customers every day the benefits of fresh produce sound fascinating? Do you have a passion for delivering an extraordinary customer service experience while working in a fast paced and friendly environment? If the thought of helping people make healthy choices in one of the fastest growing retailers is up your alley – then we need YOU to join our winning team at Sprouts Farmers Market as a Produce Clerk!
Overview of Responsibilities
As a Produce Clerk at Sprouts Farmers Market – you will be living our name on a daily basis! All of our produce is farm fresh, and must be handled, prepared and merchandised properly to deliver the highest level of customer service and satisfaction in our store. A Produce Clerk at Sprouts Farmers Market sustains a high level of product knowledge and product preparation. You can expect to stock the Produce department; which includes presentation of product, facing, filling, and organization of all product items as set by the Produce Department schematics and ensuring tag and pricing accuracy. As a Produce Clerk at Sprouts, you are also responsible for the proper stocking and rotation of merchandise in the Produce Department, including trimming, watering, and merchandising of products to ensure fresh, high quality offerings. A Produce Clerk ensures proper inventory control to maximize product freshness and availability, and answers questions from customers in a friendly and helpful manner. If you're someone who thrives in a fast pace environment then we want to hear from you!
To be a Produce Clerk at Sprouts Farmers Market you must:
- Be at least 18 years of age, and have a high school diploma or equivalent and have a basic knowledge of math, weights, and measures.
- Be dependable and reliable
- Have and show an outgoing and friendly behavior; a positive attitude and the ability to interact with our customers
- Have the ability to work a flexible schedule that changes as the business changes including nights, weekends and holidays
- Have good communication skills; and the ability to take direction and participate in a team environment
- Perform general housekeeping in the department; clean and sanitize work area (including tables, floor, walls, cases, cooler, freezer, etc.).
- Adhere to all safety, health, weights, and measures regulations; must achieve and maintain a Food Handlers permit
- Requires standing, walking, bending, climbing throughout the entire work day and the ability to lift, stack and maneuver heavy objects weighing up to 50 lbs., from 4“ to 72“, for a distance up 3 feet for between 10-50 hours without mechanical assistance.
- Walking a total up to 5 miles in an 8 hour shift should be expected.
- Be able to perform other duties as needed.
In addition to a rewarding career, Sprouts offers a comprehensive program to help support you and your family. These programs include: - Competitive pay - Opportunities for career growth - 15% discount for you and one other family member in your household on all purchases made at Sprouts - Flexible schedules - Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Eligibility requirements may apply for the following benefits: - 401(K) Retirement savings plan with a generous company match - Minimum essential coverage medical plans - Voluntary coverage such as short-term disability, hospital indemnity, accident, and critical illness - Competitive vacation and sick time programs
Grow with us!
If you have a passion for inspiring people and a flair for fresh food, consider applying for a job at Sprouts! With a focus on customer service, our neighborhood grocery stores offer high-quality, farm fresh produce, natural meats, plenty of scoop-your-own bulk goods and much more in a fun, friendly, old-fashioned farmer's market setting. Come grow your career in healthy living with a fast-paced, rapidly growing company and teams that pride themselves on empowering others along their journey.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements. Sprouts' management reserves the right to amend and change duties, responsibilities, and requirements to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
California Residents: We collect information in accordance with California law, please see here for more information.