Requisition Number: ACCOU01695
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Understand the Bossard, Inc., Quality Policy and apply it to job duties.
- Daily calls to customers to prompt for payment, and record detailed notes in computer.
- Correspond to customers, Customer Service & Territory Managers regarding A/R issues as necessary.
- Daily processing and posting to A/R for all customer payments.
- Send customers’ copies of missing invoices, packing slips, proof of delivery, etc., and address their concerns or questions regarding their account.
- Process vendor returns.
- Process customer credit memos.
- Set up new customers in computer system.
- Assist Accounting Manager with processing customer credit applications.
- Process vendor A/P inquiries (incoming calls, faxes, & e-mails).
- Print A/P checks.
- Maintain A/P & A/R files in a neat and orderly manner.
- Other duties may be assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Adaptability - Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work, tasks or the work environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Energy – Consistently maintaining high levels of activity or productivity; sustaining long working hours when necessary; operating with vigor, effectiveness, and determination over extended periods of time.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Upholds organizational values.
- Innovation - Generating innovative solutions in work situations; trying different and novel ways to deal with work problems and opportunities.
- Managing Work (includes Time Management) – Effectively managing one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Quality Orientation – Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
Education and/or Experience
High School Diploma; two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write reports & business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, employees of the organization, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate and percent. Ability to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram from. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have Intermediate knowledge of:
- Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- None required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The Essential Duties and Responsibilities listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Travel not required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, and walk; use hands and fingers to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch; and talk and hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 15 pounds and occasionally up to or over 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristic described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work conditions are that of a normal office setting. The noise level in the work environment can range from quiet to moderate.