Facility: REENTRY SERVICES
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position is responsible for the development and implementation of residential programs and the supervision of all case management staff within a facility. It also conducts liaison functions throughout the assigned area by conducting and attending a variety of administrative meetings,
thereby linking the programming to the total regional operation.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Supervises and evaluates case management staff in the performance of their duties as prescribed by the facilities and corporate policy.
• Schedules staff to provide for adequate coverage and maintain appropriate staff to client ratios.
• Monitors and supervises an assigned case management staff to ensure the clients are receiving adequate and appropriate services as dictated by the contracting agency.
• Conducts program reviews and provides reports for adherence to all facility, corporate, and contract guidelines of security, health and safety and all applicable policies, procedures, standards and governmental regulations
• Maintains logs; reviews reports and records produced by staff. Provides data for required monthly reports.
• Supervises the case management process to ensure that residents receive all relevant and appropriate services as per contractual and regulatory requirements
• Takes appropriate action in cases of serious or unusual incidents and emergencies.
• Facilitates regularly scheduled meetings and provides a mechanism for effective communication between the case managers and facility staff. Submits a weekly status report to management.
• Liaisons with community resources to identify and coordinate a variety of rehabilitative programs and volunteers into the facilities. Manages the implementation of such programming at each site in collaboration with the management.
• Periodically reviews and evaluates all programs, and provide recommendations so that necessary changes can be made to enhance the quality of the programs.
• Prepares monthly, quarterly and annual program evaluations on areas of responsibility and submit them to direct supervisor with recommendations for programming, to ensure that contractual obligations are being met and that the programs are flexible in design to allow for optimum learning by clients.
• Provides leadership to peer or lower-classified employees through the assignment of work, monitoring of progress, review of results and technical instruction or training.
• Write evaluations and provide input to management for the purpose of reviews, salary action, promotion, transfer or disciplinary action. May be responsible for administering personnel
action. Prepare performance evaluations on or before the due date.
• Oversees line items within the facility budget which pertain to the programming departments to ensure that the budgets are not being overspent.
• Assumes duties of programs staff in their absence to ensure continuity of operations.
• Maintains confidentiality obtained through job duties regarding employees, vendors, clients, and outside agencies so that sensitive information is only given on a “need to know” basis.
• Participates in staff meetings by sharing observations and recommendations regarding the facility, clients, and staff relations to identify and solve problems and function as a unified team.
• Complies with Company’s work rules and policies as explained in the Employee Handbook and the Facility Policies and Procedures Manual. Responds positively to directives from managers and supervisors in a cooperative spirit to ensure conformance to standards.
• Adheres to the Company’s attendance and work overtime policies as required to ensure adequate coverage of the program and to ensure the safety and security of the residents.
• Complies with safety rules and takes appropriate corrective action to ensure work is performed in a safe manner and without injury to self or others.
• Communicates effectively with all levels of staff in a manner that promotes a team spirit and a sense of cooperation.
• Attends disciplinary hearings.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in business, criminal justice, behavioral, social science or related field required, two years of work experience in a related field, and a minimum of two years in a supervisory position.
• Work experience may be substituted for academic studies exchanging one year of work experience in a related field for one year of academic education.
• Total work experience needed in lieu of the combination of education and work experience is six years, with two of the years in a supervisory position.
• Knowledge of fiscal processes and fundamentals of management.
• Familiar with treatment resources and workforce needs, public and private agencies and social service groups. Knowledge of current management techniques.
• Must have skills useful in assisting clients with personal problems. Able to identify, coordinate and implement community resources and volunteers to bring a variety of rehabilitative programs into the institution; skills and interests; motivate, plan, schedule; effectively communicate with clients and staff.
• Ability to work with computers and the necessary software used by the facility.