As Illinois' largest provider of substance abuse treatment, joining the team at Gateway Foundation Alcohol & Drug Treatment offers valuable experience with a variety of treatment methods as well as an opportunity to collaborate with skilled experts about a diverse clientele. Gateway welcomes the challenge of constant improvement and is proud to uphold the Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval.
In addition to a competitive salary, Gateway offers employees health benefits, dental insurance, career advancement, training and development and on-site clinical supervision to individuals pursuing certifications and licensures.
Our Residential Substance Abuse Counselors are responsible for:
- Preparing and facilitating group counseling sessions, educational programs, and lectures to assist clients in meeting therapeutic goals
- Conducting individual counseling to provide crises intervention, support & guidance, and address client behaviors and personal problems
- Documenting clients' progress and responses to treatment
- Maintaining client records; ensuring records are complete, accurate, and up to date
- Monitoring clients in medication self-administration
- Ensuring client safety and well-being
- Monitoring client behavior during social, recreational, or daily activities
- Other duties as assigned
Requirements The ideal candidate will possess:
Bachelor's degree in psychology, counseling, social work, or a related field preferred (High school diploma or equivalency required)
- Minimum 6 months of previous experience in substance abuse or mental health counseling required
- Related work experience with a program specific population (adolescent/adult) in a residential treatment setting required
Gateway Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets.
- Gateway Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
Apply On-line Send This Job to a Friend