Sr. UCC Engineer
One of our top clients in Raleigh, NC has an opening for a Sr. UCC Engineer. If interested, please send the most up-to-date copy of your resume to Donna at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
The Sr. UCC Engineer is responsible for the ongoing management and stability of the client's video conferencing, video streaming, team collaboration and enterprise voice infrastructure. This role will be primarily focused on providing and maintaining stable, reliable, resilient, secure and practical UCC services. This will be accomplished through a combination of internal controls and appropriate management of the client's external service providers, to include both on-premise and off-premise cloud solutions. This position will also be responsible for the best-practices prevention of service impacting issues, identification and reaction to problems as they occur, and immediate response to ensuring service continuity. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of similar experience in a large enterprise setting. A high level of understanding within the Cisco product line will provide a higher likelihood of success.
- Deliver on UCC initiatives including, but not limited to, video bridging solutions, video room system deployments, infrastructure management, 3rd party systems integration, desktop and mobile clients, security, enterprise voice and video streaming
- Manage, update, and maintain a global video endpoint inventory of more than 900 endpoints
- Facilitate video calls via point-to-point, video bridge, or Virtual Meeting Room; monitor and provide stability of the bridging technology to ensure a seamless, natural, and uninterrupted video experience for end-users
- Participate in the design and deployment of new UCC systems solutions and projects
- Maintain ownership of UCC estate monitoring for uptime / downtime and quality of service (QoS) to ensure a stable environment
- Work with internal Operations and external 3rd party vendors to resolve complex end user issues
- Participate and facilitate integration and end user acceptance testing
- Document process, solutions to common problems and responses to frequently asked questions. Creates and submits documented resolution to knowledge base for Operations, Help Desk and third party providers
- Perform analysis of the networking problems as well as provide highest-level crisis management
- 5+ years in a technical role comprised of the direct management and maintenance of network, UCC, Video Conferencing, Video Streaming infrastructure, with management of global infrastructure a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or related discipline), or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience with Cisco Unified Communication and Collaboration products.
- 5+ years of experience with Cisco Route/Switch products.
- 5+ years of experience with Oracle SBC/EBC products.
- 5+ years of experience with Microsoft Unified Communication and Collaboration products.
- Senior Engineer level communications troubleshooting skills.
- The ability to configure, capture and analyze traces.
- The ability to analyze tcdump files.
- Proficient with the RTMT and DNA tools.
- The ability to train, direct and coordinate the activities of junior team members.
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP), or related networking, voice, or video certification
- Ability to pioneer new engineering initiatives in an exciting, changing environment while concurrently applying standardized solutions and facilitating end-user adoption
- Candidates who show a keen understanding of UCC engineering with an equal level of competence operating in a dynamic, growing, changing and highly socialized environment will be best suited for success in this position
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or 844-463-6178.