Reporting and Data Specialist
Greater Nevada Credit Union is looking for an enthusiastic professional with a passion for Helping More People Live Greater!
About The Position:
The Greater Nevada family of companies require high-quality data, reports and business intelligence to facilitate sound business decisions. The Reporting and Data Specialist will utilize relational database systems, data warehouses, and other information resources to provide information and knowledge to key stakeholders. This will be delivered through reports, dashboards, and data visualizations.
Who we're looking for:
Before we get into the specific details of this position’s requirements and qualifications, let's focus on the bigger picture of Greater Nevada, and what makes a Greater Nevadan.
At Greater Nevada, our passion is Helping More People Live Greater. When we say “people,“ we mean every single person who we interact with or could interact with, from our team members to our community members.
To do this, we practice CARE with our Values:
- We Care Genuinely.
- We build relationships because we know that we are Greater Together.
- We Stay Trustworthy as we serve our communities.
- “Be Bright“rings in our ears as we find custom solutions that meet our members' needs.
- We Inspire One Another, our members, and our communities to re-imagine what Living Greater can be.
- In every moment, we Enjoy the Experience. It's what has made the last 70 years greater and what we carry into the future as we continue to serve.
These values have guided us to become the largest Nevada-based credit union to touch the lives of more than 73,000 members and thousands upon thousands of people through our community and philanthropic work.
To live by those values, we make a deal with every single one of our team members—the CARE Deal. It's a win-win agreement that we shake hands-on at the beginning of our relationship together.
As a Greater Nevadan, that means we make four promises to you:
- Compensation and Benefits – We offer Greater Pay and Greater Benefits, including:
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, dental, and vision plans, where we cover 90% of employee costs and about 75% of the costs for their dependents
- Health Savings Account contributions
- Supplemental insurance and life insurance plans
- Paid time off, including vacation and sick time, 11 annual paid holidays, eight hours of personal leave, and sabbatical leave after seven years of employment
- Paid time to volunteer and make a contribution to the community
- Employee product and service discounts
- Advancement – We strive to be a place where you can grow into your next career move, without having to leave the Greater Nevada family. So, we offer extensive training and development opportunities for each employee. Our continuous coaching culture allows for more direct and regular performance feedback and compensation.
- Recognition – We invest time, energy, and resources to find creative, impactful, and fun ways to deliver recognition that fits each Greater Nevadan's successes.
- Environment - Nobody wants to come to work in a place that's dull and filled with drudgery all day long. So, part of our side of the deal is ensuring you have a great place to work in and great people to work with.
Our CARE deal goes both ways, so here's how we expect each team member to demonstrate they care:
- Competence – Greater Nevadans know how to do their job and do it well—or they know how to access the resources they need to accomplish great things.
- Attitude – We don't expect team members to plaster a fake smile on their faces every day, but we do expect them to bring their best attitude to work and strive for greatness.
- Relationship building - We put a lot of emphasis on building build strong relationships with members, clients, coworkers, and the communities that we serve. Why? Because those connections enable us to live our passion: Helping More People Live Greater.
- Effectiveness – We ask each Greater Nevadan to be productive, efficient, and successful at the work they do.
What You'll Be Doing
- Effectively demonstrate our passion and purpose as a non-profit organization by “Helping More People Live Greater.“
- The Reporting and Data Specialist has an in-depth understanding of underlying data, data structures and general knowledge of business uses for data. Responsible for developing, maintaining reports and dashboards; utilizing relational database systems and data warehouses.
- Track and process requests for reports and queries. Deliver requests in a timely manner.
- Clearly define outcomes through collaboration with requestors and key business stakeholders. Ensure that all parties are in agreement with the business needs, information requirements, and key data elements that will be utilized.
- Design, build, test and distribute customized and ad hoc reports in alignment with our authorized data definitions.
Location and Travel Requirements
- This role is based out of Greater Nevada Credit Union’s Silver Sage location:
4070 Silver Sage Drive
Carson City, NV 89701
- Located in an idyllic small community in beautiful Nevada
- No travel required
- Compensation is dependent on experience
- Competitive compensation and Greater Benefits are part of our deal
Skills & Competencies
- Experience developing, running and managing SQL queries
- Experience with Power BI, Crystal Reports and other data presentation softwares
- Demonstrated experience utilizing ETL (extract, transform, load) to design, build, test and distribute customized reports, dashboards and data visualizations to business leaders
- Experience using a core system such as DNA
- In-depth understanding of underlying data and data structures
- Demonstrated knowledge of SQL and data visualization tools such as Power BI
- Understanding of the DIKW (Data – Information – Knowledge – Wisdom) model and the business uses for each layer
- While performing the duties of your job, you may regularly be required to sit/stand and use a keyboard, mouse, phone, and multiple monitors for an extended period (including repetitive motions with hands, fingers, arms, etc.).
Our Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion, Equality and Opportunity
At Greater Nevada, we believe that diversity makes us greater. When our team reflects the communities we serve, we can truly fulfill on our promise of Helping More People Live Greater.
Greater Nevada is an equal opportunity employer. Employment at Greater Nevada is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. Greater Nevada prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.