About Green Thumb Industries:
Green Thumb Industries (GTI), a national cannabis consumer packaged goods company and retailer, is dedicated to providing dignified access to cannabis while giving back to the communities in which they serve. GTI manufactures and distributes a portfolio of branded cannabis products including Rythm, Dogwalkers, The Feel Collection, incredibles and Beboe, among others. The company also owns and operates rapidly growing national retail cannabis stores called Rise™ and Essence. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, GTI has 13 manufacturing facilities, licenses for 95 retail locations and operations across 12 U.S. markets. Established in 2014, GTI employs approximately 1,200 people and serves thousands of patients and customers each year. GTI was named a Best Workplace 2018 by Crain’s Chicago Business. More information is available at GTIgrows.com.
As an Order Fulfillment Specialist with GTI, you are responsible for the final stage of the product's lifecycle in our manufacturing facility. This position's main function is pulling sales orders and preparing them for delivery, verifying accuracy of product type and quantity. Additionally, the Order Fulfillment Specialist is quality checking to ensure compliant labeling as they prepare orders . This role is also responsible for tracking product electronically on the State traceability system to ensure compliance with state laws and program regulations.
- Working with sales partners to receive orders
- Pulling sales orders and preparing them for delivery; labeling in accordance with DoA rules & regulations
- Creating and managing excel spreadsheets
- Tracking product through state traceability program
- Cleaning up all work areas and equipment at the end of every day
- Assisting other departments as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Use independent judgment in regards to product processing, keeping quality and goals in mind
- Help create a positive environment by having a positive attitude and by being self-motivated
- Research, evaluate and adapt to new methods, in order to meet or exceed goals, and or modify their technique/procedures based on all applicable laws
- Invest time in learning new products and be able to communicate with direct supervisors as necessary
- High School Education or GED graduate; some college or college graduate preferred
- 1-2 years experience processing medical cannabis or other botanicals preferred
- 1-2 years experience in warehousing and inventory preferred
- Must consistently demonstrate attention to detail
- Must demonstrate ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to use initiative and independent judgment appropriately, keeping in mind management expectations
- Ability to perform a monotonous task with great efficiency over 8 hour work periods without losing quality
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be approved by the D.O.A. to receive an Agent badge
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to perform reaching, grasping, bending, stooping, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time while maintaining focus
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Must be able to lift, carry and balance up to 50 pounds (100 pounds with assistance) AND must be able to do so with extreme care and caution when working with plants and product
At GTI we believe that our corporate community should be a reflection of the communities we serve. We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture that celebrates diversity across race, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, religion, experience, and thought—not only because it is right, but because it makes us better. Our mission—the right to wellness—informs our commitment to champion economic opportunities in communities disproportionately affected by the war on drugs through employment and community involvement. GTI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We can't wait to meet you.