Banquet On-Call Food Server
Carson City, NV
General Summary of Job Duties
Banquet servers provide excellent customer service for small and large groups such as corporate and social events. In addition to serving food, they are also responsible for setting up and breaking down of events.
Essential Job Function and Duties
- Greet guests as they arrive to the event.
- Provide string customer service.
- Check on guests to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Listen to the complaints and feedback from guests and respond accordingly.
- Place proper table settings for event and ensure the proper placement of all equipment and items per the Banquet Event Order.
- Anticipate guests needs and be pro-active in providing items needed for the event.
- Serve meals and beverages in a timely courteous manner.
- Pre-bus dishes and glasses from tables to ensure that guests have an excellent dining experience.
- Ensure that the banquet room is always clean and tidy.
- Have a complete knowledge of all food and beverage items on the menu for the event.
- Make sure that tables, bar food and beverages are ready.
- Arriving on time and regular attendance on all scheduled shifts is considered an essential function of the job.
- Ability to accept performance feedback in a professional manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
Non-Essential Job Functions and Duties
- Be courteous, kind and patient with each other.
Skills, Education and Other Requirements
- Previous food service or banquet experience is a plus.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- The ability to successfully work in a fast-paced environment.
- The ability to maintain composure in a potentially stressful environment.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
- Must present a well-groomed appearance.
- The ability to successfully interact with all levels of team members and management.
- Flexibility to work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays, with variable overtime.
- Must be able to tolerate areas containing secondary smoke, high noise levels, bright lights and dust.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Required Work Cards
- Food Handlers Certification
- Certification as an Alcohol Server
Machinery, Work Equipment, Programs, Software, Hardware Used
- Info Geneses
- Catering software