Key Aspects of Manufacturing Technician: Apex Life Sciences is looking for a Manufacturing Technician to work with one of our leading metal manufacturing clients in Carson, CA! The core responsibilities will be operating roll machines and performing visual inspections.
If interested, please email your resume to Susan Ortiz, Technical Recruiter, at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Company Details: Our client is a leading material science company, specializing in the manufacturing of various metals, to include aluminum, titanium, nickel, and steel. They create and manufacture products for the automotive, aerospace, construction, and commercial transportation industries, among many others.
Culture/Environment: The Carson, CA site is a close-knit unit that values working alongside their team member day in and day out. Some perks include an on-site basketball court to use during breaks, and bi-weekly lunch/dinner with your coworkers.
Compensation & Benefits: 30K Base
As a contract employee of Apex, you’d be eligible for Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance; Short Term Disability; Hospitalization Coverage; Direct Deposit; Weekly Pay Periods; Training and Development Programs; Corporate Discounts/Perks and our Referral Program.
- Perform thread roll operations on Ti screw product using Waterbury, Saspi, and Hartford 10 frame thread rollers
- Perform in-cell wash, tumble, flat roll operations and run fillet roll machines as required
- Conduct 1st Article and in-process inspections, use gages to measure critical thread roll dimensions, input SPC data into computer
- Ability to perform visual inspection under microscope and detect issues resulting from thread rolling process to prevent rejects / PDRs
- Ability to follow the 3-pan system
- Perform Lock/Out Tag/Out (LOTO)
- Assist with training and development of entry level operators
- Active involvement in continuous improvement initiatives
- Follow all EHS Policies and Safety Procedures. Report all incidents immediately
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to read measuring devices and interpret specifications and work instructions
- Demonstrates initiative in problem solving. Must be self-directed
- Constantly striving for improvement
- Must be able to move/lift up to 30lbs (may not exceed per EHS policies)
- Able to read, write, and speak English
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or 844-463-6178.