The Business Development Manager is responsible for prospecting and closing new business as well as supporting account maintenance.
Job Duties: -
- Develops a contact list for new business growth opportunities in assigned market or territory
- Completes daily telemarketing, cold calling and written communications to solicit new business opportunities
- Completes the design of contracts including: scope of work development, assumption justification, operational plan development and pricing for new business
- Serves as a resource to solve customer needs including: transportation, rates for additional services and contract interpretation
- Communicates regularly with assigned customers including: attendance at performance review meetings, process improvement or correction updates, and new business initiatives
- Address all customer issues, concerns and requests
- Assists in and assures completion of account reviews
- Delivers results to the Operations Manager for approval and completes negotiation with the customer
- Works directly with Operations, Engineering and other groups necessary to achieve profitability goals
- Other duties and special projects as required and assigned
- Bachelor's degree from a 4 year college or university
- Minimum 4 to 7 years related experience and/or training, or an equivalent combination of education and training
- PC proficiency to include Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, and co-workers
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Ability to handle multiple priorities at once
- Ability to meet deadlines
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee frequently is required to sit, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and is regularly exposed to ambient lighting and temperate climate conditions.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Job Duties as documented in this job description are considered “Essential Functions“ and have been created by the standards of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). The standards of the Americans with Disabilities Act (1990) require that employees be able to perform “Essential Functions“ of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the “Essential Functions“.