Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves the world's leading educational institutions, Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, prominent healthcare providers, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world. Our 280,000 team members deliver innovative experiences and services in food, facilities management and uniforms to millions of people every day. We strive to create a better world by making a positive impact on people and the planet, including commitments to engage our employees; empower healthy consumers; build local communities; source ethically, inclusively and responsibly; operate efficiently; and reduce waste. Aramark is recognized as a Best Place to Work by the Human Rights Campaign (LGBTQ), DiversityInc, Black Enterprise and the Disability Equality Index. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Position Summary: The Floor Technician is responsible for floor maintenance, restoration, and the operation of industrial floor care equipment in assigned location(s). Essential functions and responsibilities of the position may vary by Aramark location based on client requirements and business needs.
- Maintains knowledge of principles of hard-surface floor maintenance and use proper procedures on hard floor care including stripping and refinishing, burnishing, spray cleaning, and spray buffing
- Utilize automated equipment for cleaning of large area of floor surface
- Use the proper procedures on carpet and upholstering including shampooing, damp surface, extractions, spot cleaning, vacuuming, etc.
- Operate the industrial floor care equipment as assigned
- Perform maintenance and restorative processes for all floor surface types
- Properly process all municipal solid waste (MSW) as well as infectious and pharmaceutical waste
- Remove trash, recyclables, soiled linen, used supplies, and equipment from assigned work area
- Disinfect receptacles and carts as needed
- Adhere to safety policies and procedures
- Other duties and tasks as assigned by manager
- Previous experience as a floor care technician or in related role preferred
- Proven knowledge of floor care equipment and techniques required
- Must be able to follow safety procedures and precautions due to physical risks
- Requires frequent lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling of up to 50 lbs.
- Requires occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling of greater than 50 lbs