As the Credit Risk Portfolio Manager, you will design, develop and maintain credit risk strategies that support the customer approval process, decision engine logic, customer risk management, and pricing strategies for the organization. You will become a thought leader within the Credit Risk organization while growing and enhancing the team's quantitative capabilities. In this position, you will collaborate regularly with the Finance, BIDW, and Product Management teams to collect & analyze large sets of data, develop and conduct analyses, design underwriting strategies and make recommendations to manage customer risk, optimize pricing, maximize revenue, improve margins, and create significant value for the business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Develop solutions for extracting, managing and analyzing existing data.
Partner with the Data Science team to develop customer underwriting strategies that will maximize profitable loan growth.
Design strategies (and tests) to constantly refine risk models, decision engine logic and pricing parameters.
Utilize advanced statistical software to do descriptive and predictive statistical analysis.
Perform cohort analysis to evaluate changes in risk models, decision engine logic and pricing parameters.
Create the necessary reporting and scorecards to track changes and performance of approval decisions and pricing changes.
Develop actionable business recommendations related to risk management, price optimization, and margin maximization.
19201, CORP, Credit Risk-19201, 19201, CRMGR001
- Advanced degree in a highly quantitative field (e.g., Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Information Systems, etc.)
- 5-8 years professional experience, including 5 years in decision analytics, risk modeling and/or predictive statistics related functions
- 2-3 years of people management
- Proficient with the use of advanced statistical analysis software and capabilities (fluency in at least two of the following: SAS, R, Python, SQL)
- Strong experience with data architecture, data mining and data integration
- Ability to conduct extensive data research and handle large datasets
- Experience in Financial Services, Risk Management, Subprime Lending, etc.
- Capable of communicating and expressing ideas clearly & concisely, in both written & oral formats
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with proven ability to multi-task
- Self-motivated, independent and resourceful
- Capable of being objective and giving/taking constructive feedback
- A natural proclivity for questioning assumptions and challenging orthodoxies
Learn more about us
The Credit Risk Portfolio Manager is part of the Credit Risk Team, a dynamic group comprised of multi-taskers and problem solvers.
Standing, walking, sitting, repetitive movements, and use of mechanical controls, such as keyboard, are frequently required.
All TMX Finance® Family of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers.