Mercy San Juan Medical Center, a Dignity Health member, is a nationally recognized not-for-profit hospital located in Carmichael, California, serving the areas of north Sacramento County and south Placer County. The 370-bed facility is one of the region's largest and most comprehensive medical centers, caring for more than 150,000 people each year and contains the only Comprehensive Stroke Center in the greater Sacramento region.
Mercy San Juan Medical Center (MSJMC), an award-winning hospital and member of Dignity Health, is currently looking for a Per Diem Registered Nurse to join their hospital staff. The incumbent is defined as a professional who provides and supervises care to individuals and families. The Registered Nurse provides patient and family care based on the nursing process and consistently provides a safe and confidential environment throughout the delivery of care in the operating room suite. As a professional, the Registered Nurse is responsible for providing leadership and maintaining personal professional development.
Mercy San Juan Medical Center is a 370-bed trauma Level 2 facility with 10 main operating rooms and 1 cardiac operating room. Our Surgical Services offers a broad range of service lines to include: Cardiac, Orthopedics, Robotics (Gen/GYN/Urol/Thor), General, Gynecology, Gyn-Oncology, Plastics, Thoracics, Spine, Neuro, Vascular, Bariatrics, ENT and Urology. Our OR volume is approximately 650 monthly OR cases, about 16 monthly cardiac cases and a regular increase in spinal procedures.
This position shall demonstrate behaviors consistent with the core (Mercy) values in support with Mercy San Juan Medical Center and the Mission and Philosophy of Dignity Health.
surgery, operating room, or, perioperative services, perioperative, surgical services, rn, nurse, staff nurse, registered nurse, charge nurse, supervisor, lead, circulating, scrubbing, operating theatre, operating theater, aorn, cnor, aorn, association of operating room nurses, scrub, circulate
- 1 year experience as Registered Nurse in an operating room or cardiac surgery in an acute care setting.
- Current California RN License.
- Current BLS certificate from the American Heart Association
- Other certifications may be required
- Weekday, Weekend and Holiday rotations
- Call required on nights & weekends with max 30 minute response time
- Skills related to laboratory and x-ray order entry, and online documentation.
- Experience in trauma and all other specialties preferred
- Scrub and Circulate experience a plus